Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phil.s

GT Works/Designer

20 posts in this topic

Hello all Just switched from using FXDUwin to gt designer to program up an f940 got hmi. I cant work out how to get up the password entry keypad. In fxduwin you just typed in ff68 in the key code and up it popped. But gt designer wont let me. Any ideas??

Did you try menu Object>Switch>Key Code Switch?

So going from a DU to an F940? You do realize the F940 is also obsolete, and you should be considering the GT11 units.

Interesting! I've got an f940 in front of me for a new project (specced by customer) I hadn't realised it was obsolete. I'm about to purchase GT-Works, will this work fine with the GT11 units as well?

They are not obsolete yet but mitsi have brought out the got 1000 which is better anyway. Anyway its too late now its due out tommorrow!! panic mode - i dont have that option in the menu.

Did you set the password from Common/Password.. ? Edited by WKla

Look for special function switches. I think under the special function key list there is an option for Password screen. And as was just mentioned, you need to have passwords set in the System Environment. And as for obsolete, the majority of the A900 line are currently phased out. Not all of the F900 series have been replaced yet. My bad.

I can set up the passwords no problem just not put a key in in order for the operator to actually enter the password to allow access to the protected screens which is really stoopid!! Spoke to mitsi this morning and aparently GT designer 2 is better and they dont have an answer. Helpful hey??

If you set a security level from Screen Auxiliary Setting for a certain screen, and try to access the screen from another screen it will ask for password. You can try this way.

2 things. 1. I just created a new project for an F940. I added a special function switch with function Password. 2. In the system environment, on the password tab, make sure you check off the 'Level Device' and put in an address in the PLC or GOT to store the current security level. If you have not set a location to store the password, passwords are not accepted. You must set an address where it will store the current level. I did both of these things and it worked fine.

Is that gt designer 2 you have though? You see i have GT designer and there is no special function key option! Edited by phil.s

I haven't worked on GT-Designer in years. Current version is GT Designer2 2.43. But I did use GT Designer 5 years ago, and I doubt they added something like this in GTD2. If they had, it would be only for the newer units. There must have been a way, as the F940 supported passwords all the way back. I still have a copy of GTD 5 somewhere. I'll see if I can't find it. I've also got the manuals for GTD 5 (they're on www.meau.com) and I'll look at them and see what they called it.

I agree with Crossbow, this functionality was there long ago and in fact I was using it on two F940s (one monochrome and other color) to control things like scrolling through an alarm list and alarm history objects for example (this was before GT Works). Read the manual, you know what to look for... If i find the projects, i will upload them..

Thanks guys. I had an idea to download an old duwin program into the screen that had passcodes etc setup and then upload it back into gt designer. It worked. In duwin you used to put key code ff68 on a touch button to bring up the entry code keypad which is what gt designer wouldn't let me do. When I uploaded it key code ff68 stayed with the button and i was able to paste it into my current project. Phew! Have a new problem now though - I have some ascii input lines but when you press them to bring up the keypad a numeric keypad pops up not an alphanumeric - any ideas on this one? Edited by phil.s

I got out the manual for the GT-Designer 5 (on www.meau.com you can download manual SH(NA)080117-M) and looked it up. It's called an extended function switch. Look on the Action tab for the additional actions as shown in the picture below.

Ah i found this yesterday but it only gives me the extended functions if i use an a900 screen not the f940!! Crazy program.

Hi guys, I have done this with a F940- Password protection and Alpha numeric keyboard entry. Any way, I am attaching some screen grabs Screen 1: Specify some devices to i/f between PLC and HMI Screen 2: Specify device (this can be a got internal register too (GT100, etc.)) Screen 3: Here you specify you key windows. For mine I made custom screens. This is a nice feature.... Screen 4: This is a sample of my keyboard. Big simple bulky buttons! Screen 5: Setup security level per screen (You have already sorted this out- gathering from the posts) Good luck, hope this helps Ah, I forgot, you have to turn on bits in the PLC to allow automated password request. If the OP is on a lower level than required, the GOT will automatically ask for a higher level password. Here is a list of the bits. In my example, the bits are for device D901. Bit 0: Alarm History Clear Bit 1: Backlight off after delay (set on GOT) Bit 2: Sample data clear Bit 3: Not used Bit 4: Not used Bit 5: Barcode input invalid Bit 6: Barcode input reset Bit 7: Not used Bit 8: Auto password display Bit 9: Not used Bit 10: Keypad valid information 1 Bit 11: Keypad valid information 2 Bit 12: Reserved Bit 13: Reserved Bit 14: Reserved Bit 15: Reserved Can not remember where this is in the manual....? Keep bit 8 high!

Thanks for all the help guys.. I cheated in the end with the alpha numeric keypad by creating it in duwin and sending the one screen in that way!! I'll definately be investing in GT designer 2 for future use!

Can anyone have GTD 5.15? I need to communicate with GOT970 in a old machine. I've also read somewhere, GTD 2 Classic also work with GOT900. Please, advise me for the same & help me out to made this possible. I'm having GTD2 & GTD3 with me. Any add-on can work for me? Thank you.

Create your own topics, don't post on a topic which has not been updated since 2007. As for your answer, GT Designer2 can program those terminals, you don't need GT Designer. And GT Designer3 comes with GT Designer2 Classic, so you have it in that package as well.