Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tempo

Promi-SD202-OA

9 posts in this topic

Hi All !!! I am currently looking into communication networking and was wondering if two CPU'S can be connect together wireless by using the Promi-SD202 Bluetooth adaptor. They are currently wired together by controlled link unts, Omron C200HW-CLK21. Any help would be grateful.

Why would you want to change the link from controller link to the blue tooth adaptors.... i probabpy could be done but you will need to send out cmode commands from the designated master PLC to the slave plc... stick to the controlller link if you can..

Absolutely stick to Controller Link. It is a really good network and my favourite. Why would you want to change? I suppose Device Net wireless connections could be used.

Ever looked at the cost... no thanks...

Sorry, forgot to say.... Its connected from one control room, to a mobile device. And when the device is moved around, the comms link cable from the link unit. Has to be unpluged and reconnect and reset done. Is it just a case of programming send(90) commands, from one plc to the other plc. And transmitting via RS232 bluetooth adaptor. Any help would be grateful...

Technically it is achievable - by using a PromiSD adapter at each end you effectively have a transparent serial link. This is accomplished using the Serial Port Profile of Bluetooth and creates "virtual serial ports" on each device with the adapter fitted. That's the easy part - configure the BT adapters and PLCs with the comms parameters. However the real work is writing the serial comms programs as (as I understand it) the Controller Link units currently do the comms work for you - refer to the statement in the .pdf document on the Controller Link unit: "Data links do not require the use of communication programs on the PC (CPU Unit) or IBM PC/AT or compatible computer" I'm very familiar with setup and using the PROMI-SD bluetooth adapater for serial comms from a computer to PLCs but I have never done PLC to PLC communications myself, however there will be plenty of others who have on this forum. If you do proceed along the Bluetooth path you will find a setup note by Jay Anthony for the Promi-SD device on this forum. In particular you'll need to set the CPU serial comms parameters for 8 data bits for that adapter. Eric

Hi, OMRON has a tailored Promi SD 205 OA in its package. With instructions how to connect setup and use. Regards, MPM

Thank you all for the input... The easy part, which i can do is configurating the adaptor to each plc. The hard part is separating the cable of the clk21 link unit. To put the plc's, to uses, in middle. And the programming the right data to still communicating affectedly. Once again very grateful for the help

You could also use a wireless device server (which uses WLAN instead of Bluetooth), like the Moxa NPort W2180...