Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beuwolf_1

Another Modbus application

3 posts in this topic

I am attempting to use the Modbus link on a Lenze AC Tech SCF series drive with an Automation Direct D06 with a D0-DCM module in slot 4 of the plc. I am using port 2 on the DCM to attempt to communicate with the drive but am having absolutely no luck. I plan on using TB1 as my start/stop command thru an external relay fired from the PLC but wish to set the speed of the drive thru the Modbus link, and also read back speed, current draw and any faults the drive might have during operation. I have never had the pleasure of doing any Modbus stuff in the past and was wondering if anyone had any examples of programs that might be addapted to the Lenze drive. Normally I would attempt to sweat this out in the wee hours of the night with no one to bother me, but unfortnately, time is of the essence

I always use Modbus Poll to test any thing new and see what the data looks like raw; On most drives that I use the speed input goes to 2 decimal places i.e. 10000 = 100.00% 100 = 1.00%; the modbus I box instructions work great is DS5..

Well, according to the rest of the world, this shouldn't be this difficult. But I did manage to get the reads to work, now just need to figure out the madness to the addressing of the writes. Seems like in order to do what I would like to do requires way too much overhead in the program. It sure would be nice to be able to do some indirect addressing but thats no possible with this guy.