Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andrea

Rsview32 ACTIVEX

8 posts in this topic

Hi I am running Rsview32 7.10.00 CPR 6 ,and when I try to open a display I get a error {see file} "Unable to load activex controler for main display cause: Rstrendx: Activex controler not found on computer" Do I have to install it ? is it on the CD? Can someone help me? Thanks Andrea

andrea, I don't know which "ActiveX" file is causing you the problem, but I learned the hard way that some of them have to be "Registered" in Windows. In other words the ActiveX file has to be added to the Windows registry. First you have to know the name & location of the ActiveX file on your computer. Then using the windows command line utility you have to type in a command to make the windows registry aware of the files location and name. The exact syntax of the command escapes me at the moment but you should be able to find what you need in the RSView help files. BD

andrea, Try out this method: Registering an ActiveX Control is very simple. Once a control is registered, it will be recognized by the system. The first step is getting the path to the ActiveX Control. You can do this a number of ways, such as browsing to the control location and copying the path in the Explorer address bar, or searching for the file. For this example I am going to register the PlayList.ocx control that is located in C:\Program Files\activex on my machine. Windows has a program called "regsvr32" that is used to register controls. To register a control, go to Start->Run and enter regsvr32 followed by the path and name of the control you want to register. Place the path in quotations. For example, to register the PlayList.ocx control I would enter: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\activex\PlayList.ocx" After pressing OK, you should see a message box saying it succeeded. BD

Well put Bikerdude but looking at andrea's error message she is most likely looking for the RSTrendx.ocx. A simple search command should determine it's exact location. So she is probably looking at needing one of the following commands: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCOMMON\RSTrendx.ocx" regsvr32 "C:\RSCOMMON\RSTrendx.ocx" regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView32\RSTrendx.ocx"

Here is a snapshot of my registery registry_activex.bmp

ALso interested in the RSVIEW32 Add-ONS Trendx folder just below the one you snapshotted.
1 person likes this

activx_fix.bmpI found the fix at this link http://www.rockwellautomation.com/knowledgebase/ ID 24882 Date Created 05/01/2003 Last Updated 11/04/2006 Access Level Everyone Prev. TN# E44243656 Print Answer Email Answer Unable to load ActiveX control for display <graphic name>. Cause: RSTrendX control not found on computer <computer name>". Question Unable to load ActiveX control for display . Cause: RSTrendX control not found on computer Answer Problem: The following error appears when attempting to display an RSView32 graphic containing a TrendX object: Unable to load ActiveX control for display <graphic name> Cause: RSTrendX control not found on computer <computer name> [OK] Unable to open file ...<name>.GFX Also, when attempting to insert a new TrendX object, the following error occurs: Failed to create object. Cause: The TrendX ActiveX control is not properly registered. Solution: Re-register TrendX with the RegSvr32 command. Detailed instructions are provided below for those unfamiliar with this process: 1. Open a DOS command prompt 2. Type REGSVR32 /U and then press the space bar. DO NOT PRESS ENTER 3. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the RSCommon folder. The default path is C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon. Depending on how the software was installed, this could be in a different location. If so, use that location instead of this one. 4. Verify that the file RSTXView.OCX exists in this folder. If not, you will have to search for it. 5. Next, drag the RSTXView.OCX file into the DOS command prompt. This should copy the path to that file into the command line you are building. Your DOS prompt should now contain a command similar to the following: RegSvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\RSTXView.OCX" If this is correct, press the Enter key. 6. Next, press the Up arrow key. This should recall your REGSVR32 command. Remove the /U. Your command line should now read: RegSvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\RSTXView.OCX" Catalog Number: DocFullNum: E44243656 Revision: Fixed in Revision: Package: Modual: DISCLAIMER This knowledge base web site is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this web site is not intended to constitute application, design, software or other professional engineering advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS." IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCKWELL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF ROCKWELL AUTOMATION HAVE BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not countenance the exclusion of implied warranties; thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you. Copyright © 2006 Rockwell Automation. All rights reserved. How well did this answer your question? 100% 75% 50% 25% 0% // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -var _submit_accepted = false;function _rating_validate(form){ if (_submit_accepted) // prevents NN4 resubmission return(false); for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) if (form.p_ans_qual.checked) { _submit_accepted = true; form.rating_submit_btn.disabled = true; return(true); } alert("Please select a rating."); return(false);}function _rating_popup(){ var rating_id; for (i = 1; i < 5; i++) if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[i-1].checked) return; if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[4].checked) rating_id = 170; else return; window.open('answer_fdbck.php?p_sid=zhxZD-ti' +'&p_rating='+escape(rating_id) +'&p_subject='+escape("Unable%20to%20load%20ActiveX%20control%20for%20display%20%3Cgraphic%20name%3E.%20%20Cause%3A%20RSTrendX%20control%20not%20found%20on%20computer%20%3Ccomputer%20name%3E%22.%20") +'&p_faqid=24882', 'suggestion', 'resizable,scrollbars,width=630,height=400');}// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Related Answers • Unable to load ActiveX control for display ActiveX display..Unable to load ActiveX control for display ActiveX display. • Unable to load ActiveX control for display Screen1.Unable to load ActiveX control for display Screen1 • Using the 1784-PKTX with both RSLinx 2.x and RSLinx Enterprise. • RSViewME Application Manager will not function correctly with application names that exceed 32 characters..When trying to Restore/Backup an Application in ME Application Manager the error message "Unable to create the archive XXX please che • How to connect to the VersaView CE using Microsoft Active Sync and a serial connection.. Back to Search Results Thanks for the help Edited by andrea