Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

cx programmer transfer comments

13 posts in this topic

Have a question Have two cx programmer files. One of the files has block, network, i/0 comments etc. How can I take the file that does not have any of the comments and import all of the comments into that file. Have tried, but must being doing something wrong thanks

Going from memory, but should be under File - Export. Then choose what you want to export and the desired file names. Then you should be able to File - Import the data to the other file. Hope this will help.

thanks got it been working on allen bradley and automation direct as well as the omron everyday, and getting confused. Sure glad this site is here.

I have the same issue with trying to export or import and i cant find file/ecport tabs in pull down menus. I had a program that wasen't the most current on my computer. I opened it saved it to another file name. I took new file went on line and up loaded program from plc when you save it deleats all the comments and section name's in the tree and rung comments. I did find PLC \ TRANSFER \ to file to get the symbol comments over, but the rung comments (annotations ?) dont come over or the section names in the tree. any help would be appricated thanks. tom

Try pull down menu File\Save Comments/Program.

Thanks for the reply In my file / save pulldown it just saves program no choices. I attached screen shot tom cxprogramerfilesave.bmp

Here is how I got instruction comments in plc/transfer to file from good program and and from file to new program to two bottom boxes are checked in the next window the program file name and comments is greyed out screen shot attached tom cxprogramerplctransfertofile.bmp

Try the FILE menu!!! Make sure you look at ALL the choices.

Looks like he has an older version. Tommu: Give us a screenshot of Help/About CX Programmer and show us your version numbers. gtsupport: I may be offline for awhile. I'm tethered through a cellphone.

Good to hear from you Jay!! Hope all is well, I know there are big changes happening. How is the cell tether working for you? Ok, I missed the first screen shot. This must be a really old version. Pretty sure this has been in since version 4. Trying to remember, was is under Tools? May have to export to Excel and import to the Symbol Table. Been too long and I do not have any older versions installed. Edited by gtsuport

Here is the screen shot it is version 2 I will be out of the office till Sunday thanks tom versionshot.bmp Edited by tommu

Comment/symbol replace did not come available until version 4.1. The current version is 8.20. It's about time you upgraded.

I didn't realize it was that old I'll get newer software thanks. tom