Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tvsteevie

COnnection with An AIC+

18 posts in this topic

I have an existing setup with an SLC5/03 and a Panelview 600C. I have used the RJ45 connection on the PV 600 to communicate with both and have had no problems. Engineering just added a machine to the line that has a Micrologix 1200 and they want to add it to the network using an AIC+ to hub the communications together. I have the Micro connected to the AIC with a 1761-CBL-AM00 and the Panelview is connected to the AIC with a 1761-CBL-AS09. I am tryting to use the RS232 port on the AIC to connect my pc to this but RSLINX can't find anything through DF1 unless I disconnect the phoenix plug from the AIC. I have the system configured as node 0 is the pc, teh slc is node 2, the panelview is node 3 and the micro is node 4. According to the documentation with the AIC, this configuration should work. What am I doing wrong ???

Hmm.. You said you're trying to use DF1 with the AIC+, I think that may be the problem. The AIC+ is strictly a DH485 device. Try telling RSLinx you are using a 1747-PIC and see if it'll see the nodes.

I guess you did not change the communication driver on your ML1200 to DH485 protocol, check it out. The default ML1200 is always DF1 driver. Help this will help.

I changed the ML1200 to DH485. I tried to create aPIC+ driver in RSLINX but it failed because of a swap file error in windows 2000 professional. there is no information on this error and no work-around. Any ideas ??

First,on RSlinx configure drivers,delete the PIC driver.(Make sure not other RS application running,except RSlinx,otherwise it would not allow you to delete the driver.) Then go to windows start button - All program - Rockwell Software - RSLinx - RSLinx Launch control panel. Click stop button ,then uncheck Always Run As Service;follow click start button to run back the RSlinx. Open RSlinx application and now try again configure PIC driver.

I have done all of that. I was running RSLinX as a stand-alone. I get the following errors when trying to create the PIC driver for AIC+: Swap Driver in() Failed to Swap in the new PIC Driver. Try Restarting RSlinX. Failed to Swap in Windows 2000 PIC Driver. See the Application Event Log fpr Specfic Error(s). Win32 Error Code: 3758096899 (0xE0000203) Unknown Win32 error When restarting RSLinX I get the following when the PIC driver service tries to start: Fatal Error Initializing PIC Device Driver ! In the Eventvwr utility: EVENT # 6009 6005 1 3 None of these is listed as an error, just an information message. I have tried to re-install RSLogiX but it doesn't help. I am running version 2.31.00 of professional.

I have done all of that. I was running RSLinX as a stand-alone. I get the following errors when trying to create the PIC driver for AIC+: Swap Driver in() Failed to Swap in the new PIC Driver. Try Restarting RSlinX. Failed to Swap in Windows 2000 PIC Driver. See the Application Event Log fpr Specfic Error(s). Win32 Error Code: 3758096899 (0xE0000203) Unknown Win32 error When restarting RSLinX I get the following when the PIC driver service tries to start: Fatal Error Initializing PIC Device Driver ! In the Eventvwr utility: EVENT # 6009 6005 1 3 None of these is listed as an error, just an information message. I have tried to re-install RSLogiX but it doesn't help. I am running version 2.31.00 of professional.

Must have a real serial port to use the that driver, see PDF attached:

Yes the UIC should work, see attached PDF 1747_UIC.pdf Edited by Mickey

This is getting out of hand !! I find that I cannot connect a PCMK directly to an SLC 5/03, port 0, and maintain more than 2 nodes. I also can't connect to the AIC+ DB-9 port withput a "real" serial port. Attachec (I hope) is a layout of what I want to accomplish. Please let me know if it is possible without hanging a more "converters" on this network...

You actually have not got a network here, you need two AIC normally connect one AIC to each PLC and then connect and terminate the AIC's with correct cabling then Panelview connected to either AIC probably one linked to 5/03 the connect PC to Panelview with RJ45 to give access to network

Is this what you mean ??

What is the exact part number for your panelview so I can work out what ports it has got normally only use two AIC's for this when have two 485 ports on Panelview

when using the 1761-CBL AS03 follow this configuration instruction This cable is to be used only to connect one device to the AIC+. It is not designed as a daisy chain connection to the DH485 network. If the RS-485 port, of the device being connected, is non-isolated, you are NOT allowed to daisy-chain from this cable configruation. This would place the connected devices non-isolated port directly on to the DH-485 network cable and potentially cause damage to the device connected to port 3 of the AIC+.

The PV600 is 2711-K6C2. It has one DH485 port and one SLC RJ45 port.

Lets Look at the SLC5/0 + Panelview Install a 1747-AIC near to PLC use short cable supplied with AIC to conect 5/03 to AIC this will power the AIC use cable cable 1747-c10 xm to connect the panelview to the peripheral port of the 1747-AIC. Connect your 1761-AIC to the 1200PLC then using the correct Belden cable and suitable terminating resistors connect the two AIC's to start your DH485 network You then should be able to connect your PC through the RJ45 on the Panelview

I did this last night but I forgot about the termination resistors. Thanks for all your help, everybody !!!