Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dupj

PanelView 1000c

13 posts in this topic

I want to change my PLC 5/40 for a ControlLogix 1756-L63. My PLC 5/40 read and write with a PanelView 1000c ControlNet 1.5. My question is: Are we able to change a PLC for a CLX without changing anything in my PanelView (addressing ex: N31:100)?

I believe you'll have to create ControlLogix tags for all addresses used by the Panelview and that should avoid making big changes to the Panelbuilder's tag database.

But I can't create a PLC kind of tags in a ControlLogix Controller Tags.

Oh, I see what you're getting at. Its the colon character that would probably create problems. How many tags are we talking about? It souldn't take much to edit the tags in the tag edittor to change the colons to say an underscore.

PB32's tag editor has find/replace functions that allow you to select and then globally change all offending characters (colons, slashes) to whatever you need. Just like Excel's find/replace edit function. Down and dirty but it will work. Edited by jstolaruk

I'm thinking that RSLogix 5000 was able to emulate the tags of my PanelView.

I don't believe its that easy but I'll have to yield to someone that has more experience interfacing the Standard Panelviews and ControlLogix. I normally upgrade to the PV+ with a processor upgrade.

Use the "Map PLC/SLC messages... from Logic menu. Edited by mvandyke

At 1000 tags I would use the Find/Replace and change the ":" to a "_". Mapping the tags would take a while and you won't be taking advantage of the Controllogixs addressing features. If it were me I would copy the tag name column in Panelbuilder and make it the address since you probably have descriptive names for the tags. Which is easier to figure out, "AutoMode" or B56:94/11?

In my PanelView i have N31, N32, N21, F8. So in the Map PLC/SLC Messages i write 31, 32, 21, 8 and i create my new tags in the Controller Tags. Is it true?

If you use the Map SLC/PLC Messages feature of RsLogix 5000 http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=47584

How tags are packaged on a Standard PanelView on ControlNet to a ControlLogix Processor. see this technote http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 for example Program Example: ControlLogix - CNB --- ControlNet --- Standard Panelview (ControlNet Application Example). http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...bmV0&p_li=#