Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mopos

.Net Communication with Omron CS(J)

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Has anyone got any experience using .Net communicating with Omron PLCs? Currentl I'm trying to develop my own gateway in .Net that supports both Serial and Ethernet communication. The PLC I'm working up against is an Omron CJ1M (CPU13) so I'm guessing I need some sort of FINS reference for CS(J) PLCs? First version of this one should be able to access the CIO Bit and Word Area, HR Area, and the DM Area. Could anyone point me in the right direction and it would be much appreciated. In the future I would like to use this gateway for SCADA applications with my own graphical components and whatnot. Cheers /mopos

FGW2003 Compolet for .Net Languages @ MrPLC.com

Thanks, however that is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for documentation so i can make my own implementation of the protocol used in CS(J) PLCs from Omron. The existing frameworks out there are rediculously outdated. So, where do I find a description of the protocol? Is it the same protocol you use whether it's serial or ethernet communication. /mopos

In that case the following topics might be of help: Can FINS Protocol on serial link Hostlink Protocol - What is "FA" Header Code? W227-E1-02 FINS Commands Reference Manual @ MrPLC.com

Please get Omron manuals W421 and W342. They are both available in PDF format from omron.dk (Download Centre). They contain extensive references on FINS as well as Host Link. I've used both to write partial implementations of both protocols, and they are very helpful. Tillykke med projektet!