Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
comeng

e910 hmi using hmi tools file transfer

5 posts in this topic

I am using a recipe system on an e910 hmi set up by another company but when i try to back up the recipes to pc using the hmi tools file transfer utility keep getting an error message saying cannot read directory. comms is set up correctly Any help would be appreciated

In e-designer, check the location (name) of the recipe directory. HMI tools must look in the same location in order for it to read

sorry for long delay in reply directories appear to be the same ie default but cannot get to download if change e designer directory setting then recipes stop working on hmi

The last time that I used HMI tools, I too struggled for a while to get it to communicate. There were two problems, which look a bit simple but at the time they were causing me frustration! 1. The com port I was using was already in use with GX developer (told you it was simple!) 2. The comm port set-up of HMI tools was different to that of the serial port on the HMI, however, when I changed HMI tools to match it still did not work. What I then did was set up another connection (connection No.2) with the same comms parameters and it worked!

Finally sorted it It would appear that using E Designer and HMI tools together requires the following setup Create your new project as normal Goto to Toolbar, Transfer, Comm Settings Set these as say 57600, None, 8,1 OK (ie the values configured on the HMI This setting will allow transfer of the graphical program to the E910 Now Goto Toolbar, Setup, Peripherals, Right Click on RS 232C You can leave default settings of 9600, None 8,1 or change to same as E designer OK, Exit Goto to Toolbar, Transfer, Project, Settings, Check HMI tools box This needs to be downloaded to the HMI when downloading E Designer program to allow RS 232 port to be used for both functions Close E designer Now open HMI Tools, File Transfer, Options, Comms Setting, Edit Connection and set values to those as in Peripherals above not those in Transfer This should then communicate Thanks for other suggestions