Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sid

MR-J2S Absolute Positioning Mode

5 posts in this topic

I am using MR-J2S Servo with siemens sinumerik system. MR-J2S is configured in Speed mode and recieves 0 to 10V from ADI4 card of siemens. Same card(ADI4) accepts the encoder pulses from servo drive for detecting servo position. Servo motor is connected to ballscrew and i want to use absolute position mode of servo, So is it possible to use servo in absolute positioning mode when configured under speed mode. If it is not possible then is it possible to read absolute data of MRJ2S through ADI4 when configuring servo in positioning mode. Edited by sid

To use an MR-J2S in abolsute mode, you simply need to install the MR-BAT battery in the amplifier. As for how to make it communicate to Sinumerik, I have no ideas.

I have already installed the Battery. My purpose of using absolute mode is to fix my home refrence and during power up i should get the current position of servo.

To use the system as absolute positioning detection system set Parameter 1 to 1002. This may only in position control mode. See the manual of the amplifier section 15, Absolute position detection system.

What exactly are you trying to do? Absolute positioning doesn't do much for you in speed mode. You can set the servo up in position mode and provide an analog speed limit.