Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hurler

Profibus Master

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering has anyone got any experience in getting the Omron Master Card PRM21 to communicate with it's slaves. I've downloaded my configuration to the Master module using Sycon and everything is linking up well without any bus faults. In my configuration I have 34 word outputs starting at QB0 to QB33 and 28 word inputs from IB0 to IB27. In the Unit settings, if I map my Input/Output area in my Omron PC to the start address 0 of my Input/Output buffer area in the PRM21 Module does the module automatically assume that I/O buffer 0 is equals to IB0 and QB0 ie if my output data was stored in D0000- D0033 and I mapped this to buffer area 0 will the buffer area assign D0000-D0033 to QB0-QB33. I've tried this yet there isn't any data being transferred when monitoring. The status word indicates data tranferred and network state operating. Appreciate any help with this.

OK, been rather busy on a big project. Just got around to researching this one. Sorry for the delay. If you left the default settings for the I/O buffers the way the factory shipped them, then the I/O mapping would default to Output area at CIO 00050 and input area to CIO 000350. (BTW, this is the default for Devicenet when using C200H Devicenet masters.) If you want a one to one relationship from master to slave then you will have to set the output area to begin at DM0000 and the input area to whatever the input area is in the slave. (BTW, you didn't tell us where you wanted the input area.) Look for a CS1 Profibus master by December.

Jay, again thanks for replying. So really it's similiar to my previous query on the setting up the PRT21 Slave. From the above table would the program be as follows In my PRM21 Master Module I have configured the following. The Module M/C is set to 0 Output Range (9 slaves) QB 0 - 37 Input Range (6 slaves) IB 0-28 Output Area Move #0001 to D20000 (Set only one output area) Move #0000 to D20001 (Sets Output Buffer to 0 in Master Module) Move #0000 to D20002 (Transfer Data starting at D0000 in CPU to Output buffer area 0) Move #0038 to D20003 (Qty of data transferred as per configuration) Will D00000 - 00037 range map directly on to Buffer Range QB 0 - 37?? Input Area Move #0001 to D20007 (Set only one Input Area area) Move #0000 to D20008 (Sets Input Buffer to 0 in Master Module) Move #0040 to D20009 (Transfer Data starting at D0040 in CPU to Input buffer area 0) Move #0029 to D20010 (Qty of data transferred as per configuration) Set 2000.00 (Enable Master Module) Will Buffer Range IB 0 - 28 range map directly on to D00040 - 00068 ?? Again Thanks

That sounds like a correct analysis. Your terminology QB and IB throws me a little.

Jay, in the SyCon Profibus Configuration software they assign IB and QB when assigning the Modules address. I take it to be the Input and Output bytes that the I/O Card assigned to the slave module uses. Ex: In the Configuration table after selecting Slave Module you'll get the following headers. Module - Name of I/O Card assigned to Slave Type - IB or QB (Depending on the Module selected) I/O Address - 0 (Start Address) Lenght - 16 Tried to paste in Configuration page to show but it didn't work. Thanks for all your help