Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Future sounds

32 posts in this topic

Our Omron tech guy visited us today and I learned a few new things I would like to share: SFC and ST will be available in CX-Programmer next to ladder in the near future. Saw a beta version and must say it looks promising! Ultimately CX-Integrator will become the real heart of CX-One. A file version management system will link all separate PLC, HMI and configuration files to the right devices through CX-Integrator. Finally all files will be placed at a common project location making version and backup management a lot easier. It will be possible to have routing tables created automatically by visually linking networks together in CX-Integrator. User levels with privileges will be available in CX-One. I imagine to restrict acces to certain non essential settings for general users. CX-Designer will come with a runtime edition to install on a Windows based system, pointing towards the Dyalox. Running on CX-Server with some restrictions it will be possible to convert your existing NS application to run on a PC, making it possible to launch Windows applications from within your NS project. NTST 4.7 is included in the Utility directory of the CX-One installation disk 3. (at least I didn't knew..) These all sound like excellent additions to the existing Omron software suite to me! Don't ask me when to expect these things to be implemented and please don't go bothering your Omron rep with it, just be patient...

Omron is currently doing a lot of improvments to all areas. Check out the new web site.

You are referring to the new US website; www.omron247.com ? It surely is an improvement against the old website, although it takes a bit to get used to. The shopping centre is definitely renewing! I updated the links in the Omron FAQ for software and documentation support. All documentation is now placed under the product information pages. Not sure though if this is convenient, now you will have to contact tech support for manuals and documentation on obsolete products like the C200H, NT series etc.

Heard about this too. I do not know what they are going to do with CX-Supervisor though. It appears one has to register on the new US site before downloading manuals now. That is a bit of a pain. Oh well. Edited by BobB

You mean the 8 CD box ? I asked latey but the 2005 version still is the latest. I agree it is excellent. Use it through explorer though, couldn't get used to the PDF search template.

Hello PdL, Don't want to sound pedantic, but it's SFC and ST (Structured Text), - both available at Program level ! STL makes it sound like Instruction List as used by Siemens . Would love to be able to tell you guys when it'll be available, but they'd probably shoot me!!! Regards anonymous

My CX-P show V7.03 and there are a few other later updates from the auto updater thingy. I think I know why it keeps waving at me by the way. It appears the InstallShield auto updater only recognises updates it installs. If you just download it does not search your programs to see what is installed. You can tell it to ignore updates though if you download them. It is a manual operation. It does not automatically download sensor or TrajeXia tools - that is a manual operation. It may do it after originally downloading and installing these though. They did not come on my original CX-One V2 disks. Will have to look and see if they are a separate install on the last disk as is NTST. The Digital Technical Library I have is only on one CD by the way. It is only manuals on PLCs, HMIs etc.

You're right anonymous and thanks for correcting me! Wouldn't want it to be compared to Siemens

Do CX-Sensor and TrajeXia tools normally self install when installing CX-One? Neither are in my list of CX-One programs.

They do I believe since V2 ?

Hello BobB, It will depend upon the location that you choose when installing CX-One. CX-Sensor, Trajexia Tools (and, I beleive, CX-Profibus) are only installed if Europe is selected as the installation region. (Don't ask me why ). Oh, and PdL, quite right! Hope this helps. Regards anonymous Edited by anonymous

Yes I was talking about the US site www.omron247.com. Yes you have to register now to get documentation. How about that new "SERVICE PLUS" logo? I like it. I tried to use the document library and it is NO longer available on line. Even my document disks do not get to the older product I need documents on. I got my CX-ONE update. It came on a DVD and I do not have a DVD player for my laptop. I was told to expect 3 to 4 hours to install by a co-worker. Any truth in that time amount from those that have done it already?

V2.02 ? I got it on 3 CDs. Installed in less than an hour. Did a clean install this time though, normally uninstalling the old version takes a while. Only the updates are pretty annoying. A day after I installed, 9 updates available All have to be separate installed I download the installer files and put them on our server so my co-workers only have to run the files. What a pain. If they would just release one service pack every now and then. Probably a big download, but a single one.

I have just used the CX-One CDs to remove the programs from my computer. Be aware! There are some problems. 1) CX-One does not remove CX-Server, PLC tools, Common Files, other things or any updates that have been applied. 2) Each update has to be removed separately from Windoze Control Panel - Remove Programs - separately. 3) If the updates are not removed, after re-installing CX-One, when one tries to apply updates the files are still in the folders. The install program sees them and refuses to install the updates to the newly installed program even though they have not been applied. 4) I finished up removing everything manually, then deleted the directories that were still full of rubbish from the un-install. 5) I then ran Norton Win Doctor to remove all left over rubbish in the registery. (Finally found a use for Norton - do not even run their defragmanter these days as Diskeeper is much better and their Virus Scanner slows things down considerably - NOD 32 is much quicker). 6) Then re-installed CX-One as bought in Europe and all went well. Installed all updates that I have downloaded. Perhaps Omron can have a look at deleting directories and cleaning out the registery when removing programs. Adobe are a pain also as there are plenty of entries in the registery that Windoze cannot find. Windoze then goes looking for these things and a fast machine gets choked up looking for rubbish. I normally find the files and then place them where Windoze is looking for them as Norton seems incapable of fixing the referencing problem. By the way, CX-Profibus installs OK when Asia Pacific is selected. It is only CX-Sensor and the tools that do not install. There is no option to select them manually either.

With respect to install time. it has just taken 55 minutes for a clean install. This included installing all available updates from a CD, install and configure Diskeeper and set it going. Also included un-install an old version of Device Net Configurator and install the latest version, install NTST, install CX-Modem. The laptop is not a rocket ship only a Compaq nx5000. By the way, Diskeeper is highly recommended. It basically runs all the time and keeps the hard drives defragmented.

With clean install I was actually doing an install after a clean Windows install / format. Lately my laptop was slowing down, and I had lost the hybernate function completely in XP . Besides I usually install dozens of programs over the year to test out and evaluate which clutters the system. Now my desktop is clean again and it boots within an hour

Would it be possible for you to post the Omron Digital Technical Library on this site. I went to the new omron site the other day, and was trying to find some info on c200hs, and nc211 cards, and could not find it, called them up, and they told me that they was not going to put anything that was older control type components on the site.

They should send you a copy of it free of charge if you ask for it.

They WILL send you any document you ask for.

It is too big for that - a full CD. Let me know what you want and I will place manuals as required or contact me with your address etc and I will post you a copy. Here is a link to a C200HS manual. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=572 If it is not the right one or require something else post what you want here and I will upload it for you.

thanks that was what i was needing. i called omron and talked to a couple of folks in customer support and then in tech support, and they said that they did not think that the cd was something that you could get anymore. acutally, tech support was unable to locate them. i gave them my mailing address at work, and they are checking into. Tech support also said that at the moment, they was unsure if any technical documents would be placed on the new web page for discontinued items such as the c200hs. I was also needing a manual for the c200h-tc001 module and tech support is going to email it to me.

kcor, Contact your Omron distributor and have them order part # TECHCD5. The price is $5.00. I just checked inventory and there are only 786 available in the US. This is the cd that BobB is referring to. It is a two cd set with CD1 including all PLC documentation and CD2 has all the other products. I keep this in the bag with my laptop, it is very helpful. Biggest problem is last update was August 2005, so a lot of new product is not covered. Not really a problem for your current project. Also, you can still get to manuals on the Canadian website, www.omron.ca, click on Document Library then you can search by part number or document number. Omron US is working to fix the issues with the website, but it may take a bit. If your disty is not able to help you, let me know, but I am sure they can take care of you. kcor, I just checked the Canadian website and the manuals you are looking for are there. The C200H-TC manual is a W225. The C200HS manuals are there also. The "Operation" manual will be for programming. Installation manual will be hardware. The "newer" products the Operation manual is hardware and the Programming manual is for programming. I don't want you to think that by posting places for you to find the information we are not willing to help. I think it is great that you are trying to find the info and understand what is going on! Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks Your assistance has been a big help

I ordered CX-One, but due to a mistake at Omron, I got version 1.0, not version 2.0, as it should have been. Now there was no Trajexia tools inside, which was what I should have used it for. That can be updated from the web, but now it seems I need to clean away version 1 first, before installing version 2, when it arrives. After two days of use I've found two errors in the Trajexia manuals. Not too good for the future.

I think Trajexia tools only comes with V2. You also need to pick your region as Europe or it will not install - do not know why. I bought a CX-One V2 upgrade from V1 and it did it's own uninstall before installing the new versio.