Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Filippo

Cj1m and DA041

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem with a Omron CJ1M PLC and a DA 041 Analog Output Unit. I am using Cx Programmer. I try to config it as SIOU-ASCII Unit in the IO Table, but it gives me a config error. In the IO table there are,(after the CPU,all in the main rack)in the order: -00-Serial Communication Unit SCU 041 -01-ASCII/SIOU Unit !!! -02-03-Two 16-Point Input Units -04-05-Two 16-Point Output Units The number of the Unit , set in the IO table and in the screw in the unit, is 01 In the IO table I have set: Unit Number:1 addresses for Unit:4 Input Channels:0 Output Channels :4 Repeat In/out: not selected How can I solve the problem?

Instead of trying to write an I/O table off-line, go on-line with the CJI-M CPU and put it in the program mode. Ignore the flashing red error at the bottom of the screen. Choose I/O Table|Options|Create. The Cpu will figure out the I/O table and return you the correct results.

Jay, looking around the Omron sites and found this little gem Analog I/O Unit Support Software Model WS02-PUTC1-E I understand this software will enable you to configure analouge cards easily.. Do you have any idea when this will be available ? Why isn't part of CX-Prgrammer to start with ? Why in CX-Programmer when you create an I/O table your self that you cannot pick an analogue card .... easily.... ie you pick special IO unit...this approach is not obvious. I know from experience how many input and output words are reqiured but what a pain. Plus it is my understanding when online you can configure a C200H analogue card but not CS1 or CJ1 ???? I do not think that this has been fixed in version 3.2 either ??? Yet, new cards are appearing such a FL-Net. Lets get the basics right.... CX-Programer I beileve is probably the best programming package going around at the moment due to its functionality, ease of use, and ease at which you can connect to PLC's, although I am still waiting for a new simple Scale function similar to AB's scale with parameters function. While on the subject I know that Omron for years now have had a great little Macro function, but do you know when we will be able to create our own DFB (defined Function Blocks) there appears to be a number of defined function blocks available for future use, any time soon perhaps ?Sorry for digression. I think that you do an excellent job with this forum, thanks in advance for all the time and great advice that you give.

The AIOSS software is only available when you purchasean LCU (Loop Control Unit.) The first release of Cx Programmer with IEC languages will be in February or march. It will support Statemet List (SL) and Function Block(FB). Structured Text(ST) and Sequential Function Chart(SFC) will follow in early 2005.

Thank you for your great help!!! I have solved the problem!!

Guest_Filippo: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com

I can't wait........ Thanks for the feedback Jay.........