Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DraganVeljanoski

CJ1W-CORT21

11 posts in this topic

Dear All, Could you please send me an example if any body have, how to configure CAN unit CJ1W-CORT21 with FINS commands. I am trying few deys, but unsuccessful. Any suggestion is welcome for me. What I need to do this? CX programmer is enough for that? My intention is to establishing communication between this CAN unit and lenze servo drives which already have CAN open communication on board. Does anybody have experience with that? Thank's in advance, Dragan

I don't have any experience with this can unit maybe some one else does. I know that until now there is no configuration tools for can open. You can find all information you need on this manual.also some program example at the end for sending fins commands. W03E_EN_02_CJ1W_CORT21_user_defined_CAN_unit.pdf

Hello Dragan, You could also use these FB's to setup the CJ1W-CORT21. In the manual already supplied by Yair, you can find the meaning of the inputs of the FB when looking at the FINS messages (the FB's itself are not documented in the manual). For each Send buffer FB you can use the same name and use the OK flag to start the next FB. Same for the Receive buffers. this saves memory space in the CPU. When you have an NS terminal you can also use the SAP's to monitor the CORT21 Olaf cort21.ZIP SAP.ZIP

Dear Olaf, Thank you for your effort to help me with this, but I can't open attached examples, probably error with vesions. I have CX-Programmer V5.0. Can you do something about that. If you can, please resend these examples. With Best Regards Dragan

Sorry Dragan, the files can only be used with Cx-Programmer 6.1 and later because 5.0 doesn't support FB's You have to set the data like in the manual into DM area and then use the CMND instruction. The workings of the CMND instruction you can find in the manual of the Cort21 at section 5.3.1. the number of bytes to send depends on the message. The messages are described at 5.4.1 and further. The response is always 4 bytes. For example the 2902 message (set buffers). put 2902 in a D area and memory area (explained on the next page of the manual in the D+1 area. Continue this until all parameters (11 parameters of 2 bytes) are in the D till D+10 area. Then use the CMND instruction with D at the S field and an other D (for example D+20) in the R field. For the C area you need to set up the following C can be any memory area. C: &22 (22 bytes) C+1: &4 (4 bytes response) C+2: #0000 C+3: #0010 (10 + unitnumber so when the Cort21 is unit 1 it is not 0010 but 0011 etc) C+4: #0000 (using Softwareport 0 which complies with A202.00 as status bit When port 1 is used, this will be #0100 and A202.01) C+5: #0000 for other messages like 2903 you can use the same C words except het length of the message at C. It takes some typing, but it is not difficult Good luck Olaf

Dear Olaf, Thanks to your instruction my CAN module is now cofigured. Now I am going to establish a comunication with Lenze servo drives. Thank's again, Dragan

Hi i am trying to setup a can network between CORT21 and Parvex servo drive, but i am a newbee, and i do not understand how to start. Iknow what to send to my servodrive to control or monitor it, but i do not understand what to set up in OMRON, is there Pre build message ??

for exemple i want to send: 630 CANopen DS402 – List of objects Objectno. DB 0 DB 1 DB 2 DB 3 DB 4 DB 5 DB 6 DB 7 6040h CCS Index Sub ID Data r w Controlword 40 2B 40h 60h 0 Unsigned 16 00 00 CANopen “Objekt 6040h: Control word” Word controlword Bit Low-Byte Bit High-Byte 7 Fault Reset 15 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 6 Operation Mode Specific 14 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 5 Operation Mode Specific 13 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 4 Operation Mode Specific 12 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 3 Enable Operation 11 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 2 Quickstop 10 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 1 Disable Voltage 9 Manufacture specific (nicht verwendet) 0 Switch on 8 Halt Bits Command 7 3 2 1 0 State transition Hex Code (mit X = 0) Shut down X X 1 1 0 2,6, 8 0006h Switch On X X 1 1 1 3 0007h Disable voltage X X X 0 X 7,9,10,12 0000h Quick Stop X X 0 1 X 7,10,11 0002h Disable Operation X 0 1 1 1 5 0007h Enable Operation X 1 1 1 1 4,16 000Fh Fault Reset 1 X X X X 15 0080h X irrelevant for the state machine Meaning of the operation mode dependend bits of the “control word“ Operation Mode Profil Position Mode Velocity Mode Profile Velocity Mode Homing Mode Interpol. Mode Bit (1) (2) (3) (6) (7) 4 New set point Velosity disable Reserved Start homing operation Enable ip mode 5 Change set immediately Velocity stop Reserve Reserve Reserve 6 Absolute (0) /relative (1) Velocity zero Reserve Reserve Reserve 8 Halt Halt Halt Halt Halt Bit 4: new_set_point A rising edge (Bit 4 changes 0 ? 1) effects the takeover of a new move command. Thereupon the bit has to be set to 0 (edge generation). The execution timing and the kind of positioning are determined by the bits 5 and 6. Bit 5: change_set_ immediatly Bit 5 = 0: A new move command will be executed not until the axis has stopped in position. A previously started move task is first being completed and thereupon starts the new one. The takeover of the move command can be checked with the status bit set_point_acknowledge. Bit 5 = 1: The new move task will be taken over at once. A previously started positioning will be replaced by the new one (started through). Bit 6: absolute(0) relative(1) Bit 6= 0: The target position (target_position 607Ah) will be executed as absolute position value. Bit 6 = 1: The target position (target_position 607Ah) will be executed as relative position value. This means for the moment of takeover of the new move command, that the value of the target position is being added on the internal setpoint (position_demand_value). Bit 8: Halt: Bit 8 = 0: Position control resp. positioning is being executed. Bit 8 = 1: A move command is being stopped with the set braking ramp (profile_deceleration 6084h). In Homing Mode in state Operation Enable the controller is being controlled with the following bits of the controlword: Bit 4: Start homing operation A rising edge (Bit 4 changes 0 ? 1) effects the starting of the parameterized search for reference (homing). The bit has to be kept on 1 until the search for reference is completed, otherwise the search for reference will be interrupted. The search for reference will be aborted with the set braking ramp (profile_deceleration 6084h) and the search-for-reference-error will be set. In the statusword the Bit 12 homing_attained will be set, when the search for reference is completed successfully. Thereupon the bit has to be set to 0 (edge generation). Bit 8: Halt: Bit 8 = 0: Position control resp. search for reference is being executed. Bit 8 = 1: The search for reference is being aborted with the set braking ramp (profile_deceleration 6084h) and the search-for-reference-error is being set. b.p. In Profile Velocity Mode in state Operation Enable the controller is being controlled with the following bits of the controlword: Bit 8: Halt: Bit 8 = 0: Acceleration to the set speed. Bit 8 = 1: Speed setting to 0. In Interpolated Position Mode in state Operation Enable the controller is being controlled with the following bits of the controlword: Bit 4: enable_ip_mode Bit 4 = 0: Position control on the internal setpoint is being executed. Before switch-on the following conditions must be observed: The Object 1006h „communication cycle period“ must be written with the value of the SYNC telegrams (time interval in µs)! The NMT State Machine must be set on „Operational“ (precondition for PDO‘s to be accepted). A PDO rx must be activated with the Objekt 60C1h SubID 01 (position setpoint) as synchronous PDO. A rising edge (Bit 4 changes 0 ? 1) effects the switching-on of takeover of the external setpoints after sensing the SYNC telegram in the Interpolated Position Mode. A falling edge (Bit 4 changes 1 ? 0) effects the switching-off of takeover of the external setpoints in the Interpolated Position Mode. Bit 8: Halt: Bit 8 = 0: IP Mode is being executed according to status of Bit 4. Bit 8 = 1: The IP Mode is being aborted with the set braking ramp (profile_deceleration 6084h) and position control without IP setpoint is being executed.

ok i sucess to comunicate with the drive !

Nice, it works. Take the following in mind when using a CJ1W-CORT21 when using it for CAN-OPEN: - It is not a CAN-OPEN unit but it can communicate with CAN-OPEN. - It is not a CAN-OPEN network manager, this will be very difficult to implement. Each unit needs to have their own communication setup. Start all nodes (stop all nodes) is a simple message and can be done with the CJ1W-CORT21. - You need the RAW CAN messages: - Identifier (11 or 29 bits) - 8 data bytes - messages with a lengthe more than 8 bytes are difficult to catch. BUT Because it is free CAN, you can do so much with it.

true but not so easy to implement ! thanks to mrPLC sample code !!