All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. CQM1H-51

and how i can set PT control area  and pt notify area on my touch screan NT20s-ST121
  4. FinsGateway Help

First of all, I apologize if there is a simple solution, if there is, I can't seem to find It. I simply want to make and HMI talk to a PLC using Omron's FINSGateway/SYSMAC window's drivers.. Heck, if I can get an example that uses a simple Excel spreadsheet talking via DDE that would help. I have been writing custom drivers in Windows for years to send FINS commands back and forth to the various Omron PLC's, based off of a bit change either on the HMI side or PLC side. Super fast since only the data that has changed is written back and forth... Lately I have tried using DDE (polling type) communications as some jobs require this and not custom drivers. We use Wonderware Intouch for the most part and have found their DA and OI servers for Omron to be terrible at communications on large IO installations. Their IO servers essentially send 1 packet per bit or word every x msecs over the network according to a wireshark capture instead of blocks of word ranges. I was told FINSGateway / Sysmac Gateway could be installed on a machine and map via datalink( or the sorts) PLC memory to  psedo PLC memory on the windows computer; that the local computer mimics a PLC. The third party application can then read the local memory many times faster than going across the network to get it packet by packet. I can't seem to find a simple 'DDE' type interface with FINSgateway whether trying to use it locally or to a remote PLC. Usually a Topic name and an Item / Tagname....  I have used these DDE interfaces with other brand PLC controllers and their local driver, but can't find squat with the Omron Driver.  Usually you specify in the HMI a tagname and it is pointed to a 'TOPIC' and 'ITEM' that relates to an address in the PLC. Anyone have any type of info on this? I see posts in forums about doing this, but can't find any specifics. Again, I would think this would be basic beginner stuff, but can't seem to find any info on FINS/SYSMAC gateway  and how to make a third party app talk to it. It's been around for many years so I find this odd. Thanks for your time..  
  5. CQM1H-51

yes , i get it sir and really i am so thankful to you , and if you let me sir to send to you my simple prog code to reading temperture from 0 to 200 C using pt100 connected over a transmitter amp out from 0 ma  to 20 ma to check it out plz omron.rar
  6. ACD file to PDF

Hello, I have an .ACD file but do not have any software to read the controller tags. Can anyone please help me convert the file into a pdf? I can see from Notepad that is was made using RSLogix 5000 V21.   Thanks! G Pump_17_11_09.ACD
  7. S7-1200 Modbus TCP - How to read/write MEMORY BITS?

Hello, To write and read in the memory bits, you have to address it in the following way .... modbus plc memory mw100 = mb100-mb101 memory tcp = 40001 then to write would be m101.0 and by the customer 40001.1 then to write would be m101.1 and on the part of the client 40001.2 and so on. Test and practice and tell us. a greeting.
  8. Hey all,For a school project I've been tasked with getting a ControlLogix, Ultra3000 and some servos that were donated up and running. Yesterday, I did this. All Ethernet/IP and Sercos indicator lights were displaying properly as well as the Ultra3000 was displaying a 4 on the segment display. I was even able to send a Reset Motion Direct Command (MAFR) to the drive with no errors. I didn't have the Enable Drive bit wired up so I wasn't able to move it, but I'm pretty confident it was working. Yesterday, I very hastly set up all the devices as I finally got the the version of software I needed installed and was limited on time. I was actually really surprised it all worked the first time as it was the first time I had ever done it. So today I decided to start a new project in RS5000 and add the output module so I could enable the drive. Only now, the Sercos won't connect to the Ultra3000. The CP indicator on the Sercos module goes as far as flashing red and green, which from what I can tell means "configuring nodes for communication." My drive is set as node 3 as well as in the RS5000. The drive's segment display gets to 3, which is "Drive is configuring device specific parameters," and then goes back to zero. The sequence is actually 0-1-0-1-2-3-0. The suggested fix in the manual is check to make sure your servo matches the catalog number in RS5000, and it does. The worst part is I didn't even save my set up from yesterday when it worked, in my haste I must not have hit save. So I can't really cross check what I did then and what I'm doing now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
  9. rs logix 5000 cross referencing

Version 30 is the first one that is supposed to be 100% Windows 10 compliant. V32 is the highest version currently available. However, V21 will work in Windows 10; just make sure you're using an older version of Adobe, as there are known conflicts with Adobe 11, such as online books not working, etc. It sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. The cross reference tool is a method of determining every location and type of use a given tag is being utilized for in a project.  I don't know of any way to cross reference multiple tags simultaneously and even if you could, 4,000 tags would contain so much data that I don't know how you'd sort through it all. You mentioned that most of your tags are aliases; this can be to your advantage, as the aliases are probably the ones that are most important, because it's rare in a large project to use a module defined tag without an alias. If I were tackling this, I would probably go through the project routine by routine, cross referencing the tags on the rung instructions as I go. As you likely already know, right-clicking on any given tag, then clicking cross reference, will pull up the report. The report defaults to the "By Logic" tab, which shows everything about that tag. If you change that to the "By Hierarchy" tab, you just get the scope of that tag, which may help more readily identify which tags you're going to keep and continue to use, and which are obsolete. That, of course, will depend on how well the project is organized to begin with. If they scoped tags locally for each of the individual burners, you're likely in luck. If almost everything is controller scoped, not so much. Either way, there's no silver bullet I'm aware of that's going to automatically sort out 4,000 tags.  
  10. Desperation

I am re-posting. The last ANDNOT 11 was supposed to be AND NOT 111.  OMRON SEQUENCE MR PLC.pdf Here's the entire program if anybody feels ambitious. I give up! I can't translate enough of this to make a difference. OMRON PRESS PROGRAM.txt
  11. MBE Driver can't save config file

Hello!I am using MBE Driver v7.46b on Windows Server 2012 R2. Problem is that I can't save config file. I can edit Channels, devices and data blocks, I can see incomming values, I save a file without any message. But config file is not saved. In Event viewer I get error as you can see on picture. It says: Error writing to system registry: Driver App 00000001 \Driver defaults. Other error says: Error writing to system registry: ServerMsg 00C54BB8 \Driver defaults.Is it server or driver problem? Please help. At the moment I can't edit anything in driver so I can't configure it to use it with my SCADA iFIX 5.8
  12. MBE Driver can't save config file

Hello!I am using MBE Driver v7.46b on Windows Server 2012 R2. Problem is that I can't save config file. I can edit Channels, devices and data blocks, I can see incomming values, I save a file without any message. But config file is not saved. In Event viewer I get error as you can see on picture. It says: Error writing to system registry: Driver App 00000001 \Driver defaults. Other error says: Error writing to system registry: ServerMsg 00C54BB8 \Driver defaults.Is it server or driver problem? Please help. At the moment I can't edit anything in driver so I can't configure it to use it with my SCADA iFIX 5.8
  13. Traffic Intersection with 3 second inductive sensor

Kinda on the verge of hijacking the thread, but I guess it is pertinent poop for someone learning programming.  Took a quick look through your program and do have a couple immediate things that pop out:  I never use conditional JSR rungs or at least I cant remember a time that I found one helpful.  They are generally a way to get into trouble as all outputs stay in their last condition when you stop scanning the subroutine.  The mantra in PLC programming is "keep it simple."   This is a program just for you, but generally we are programming for the multitude of people that will follow us into the program after we are done.  That is very unique in PLC programming.  Generally in a plant environment the level of proficiency is fairly basic.  Also at 3am in the morning when a line is down, brain functionality is fairly basic.  Imagine the fun of seeing an output on in the program with all of the logic before that output false just because the program file is not being scanned at that time.  Minds have been blown with less.  In my experience, nothing good ever comes from a conditional subroutine.  If you want an output off then put a contact in the rung to make sure it is off.  Then the logic is clear and understandable to just about anyone.  I suspect that is why you have to reset your outputs with the masked move statement.  Another gotcha waiting to happen. I never use (or extremely rarely) the JMP instruction.  That is a fairly common statement for all high level languages.  Basic has its goto and just about every language has a statement to jump to a location in the program.  Most instructors I have learned from will explain the statement and its purpose and then tell you not to use it.  Those types of statements get you into trouble and are difficult to follow in most programming circumstances.  There is generally another way to do the same thing.  Same goes for MCP.  That has some value possibly in temporarily taking sections of code out of service for testing or maintenance.  As permanent fixtures they just cause confusion when people are troubleshooting. Rather than latches use seal in circuits.  Latches generally cause problems.  They are necessary if you need to maintain output status through a power failure.  OTE's are reset when the system comes up.  Same with the resets on your timers.  TON's reset automatically when the logic before them goes off.  Resets can be eliminated and everything that controls that timer's function then is on the rung with the timer.  Thats much easier to understand when looking at the rung functionality.  Side note: RTO's do have to be reset and are useful if the timer value has to be maintained such as for a total run time of a system that is starting and stopping. Even with the subroutines you have, I would move everything from file 2 except for JSR's to a subroutine.  Leave file 2 just for JSR or insignificant overhead logic such as blink timers or such.  That will make the logic much easier to go through. Looks like a fun project! 
  14. DWORD to Floating Point Problem

Thank you so much, Michael!
  15. DWORD to Floating Point Problem

The DWORD_TO_REAL treats the DWORD as if it is unsigned integer format.  Your value is already in real format, but it is in a variable that is treating it as a DWORD.  The DWORD_TO_REAL instruction then converts the UDINT value of your DWORD to a real number.  I am guessing that the Force Variable is a union and that this is coming in via EtherNet/IP or something.... You need to use the CopyDwordToReal instruction shown below:
  16. VPN Advice

I've been using IPVanish but it's not quite right for me I'd say. So I decided to Cancel IPVanish and look for some other options. Luckily, a lot of them are available on the market.
  17. I am having problem converting a DWORD variable to a floating point decimal.  I've tried using the DWORD_TO_REAL function. Having the hex value "41E9B814" as an input I was expecting to get "29.2148819" as an output. However, I'm getting "1.110194.." as the output. Any ideas?    
  18. faulted processor

Insert it where?   
  19. CQM1H-51

I agree that the ladder won't let you put anything over D6143, but you should be able to set the value in D6611 using the memory editor shown above, or the watch window.
  20. Mitsubishi 2401 File set error Q2ASH

collinsd70 Thank`s, i`m trying and all is good!!
  21. Annoying problem in Logix5000

What version of Studio 5000 are you using? I think up to version 20 or 21 you had to install the (free) Compare Tool separately. However, even when it comes (somewhat) embedded in the version you purchased, you must still click on a prompt button that pops up during installation and asks if you want to install it on your laptop, as well as ControlFlash, Task Monitor, etc. Something to be aware of when talking about saving are the Enable Automatic Recovery and Project Backup functions, which are set to ten minutes, and three backups by default. (You can find them under Tools, Options, Application). That is not your problem here, but it should be kept in mind when making edits. To answer your question directly, it's persnickety (as it should be) and if you make changes, it doesn't care that you put things back where you started. What it sees is that you made changes. When you're closing the project it's going to ask you whether you want to save those changes. So, when prompted to save the changes as your exiting Studio, just click no. I actually use this to my advantage when teaching someone about programming. It allows me to make whatever changes I want without keeping track of them, then clicking no on exiting with the confidence that my original project will be intact the next time I actually need it. Hope this helps!  
  22. By dummy coil I meant any M coil that isn't used anywhere in the program to complete the line and nothing will happen if it goes true.
  23. "Display Print " button from Studio ME

Like PLCMentor said, if you're developing a project in Studio and want a screen shot of a display, open the display and use your laptop's print screen function to take the screen shot. If, on the other hand, you're wanting an operator to be able to screen shot a display on the HMI at runtime, you must install a "Display Print" on that display. You'll find that button in Advanced Objects. However, this button literally causes a hard copy of the display to be printed. You will have to refer to user manual for the particular HMI you're using to get instructions on how to install a printer.
  24. Desperation

Watch the addressing, did this is CX-Programmer and some of the addresses don't work. LD 0.03 OR 0.04 OR 0.05 LDNOT 0.10 ORNOT 0.08 ANDLD AND 0.09 LD 0.03 AND 0.00 AND 0.01 ANDNOT 0.09 ANDNOT 0.06 LDNOT 0.03 AND 0.04 ORLD LD 0.12 AND 0.13 ORLD ANDLD LD 0.08 ANDNOT 0.07 ANDNOT 0.11 ANDNOT CNT001 OR 0.03 ANDLD ANDNOT 0.11 ANDNOT 0.09 OUT 0.12 OUT 0.13 gtsuport
  25. Hi mikax, I can not help you! I'm sorry. The best regards, kraykov
  26. Need Manual for CS1W-CTS21 SSI Interface

Hi, thanks to all. No this module CS1W-CTS21 not CJ1W... Also I have instruction sheet for CS1W module, and there is section about DIP switches...
  27. Load more activity