All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Where is X0 and X1?

I thought I was some kind of ladder programmer after 35 years, but this program has me licked. I t also had two other serious PLC guys baffled as well although none of us are DL05 gurus. Maybe someone here who is a seriously advanced DL05 programmer can appreciate this program and let me know where I can find two simple inputs. How many ways can you refer to X0 & X1 without ever using X0 and X1 as a reference in your program? LD K30 in V7633 sets the Y0 Y1 outputs to pulsed, X0-X2 to be filtered. LD K6 in V7634 set filter time X0 to 6 ms. Maps to C420 LD K6 in V7635 set filter time X1 to 6 ms Maps to C421 LD K6 in V7636 set filter time X2 to 6 ms Maps to C422 LD K30 into V7637 sets the Y0 to pulsed and the Y1 to direction. I think every trick in the book was used just for fun and not for readability!! Example: A/I 3 & 4 both have discretes hooked up with a resister and then SP612 & SP613 are used in the program. Y0 & Y1 are as you see above, pulsed outputs, Y0 feeds a freq to volt converter to send 4-20ma to the DC drive and Y1 is used as an enable drive bit. Apparently the DL05 PIDs weren't good enough so the programmer built his own as well. Anyway.. I digress. Can you help me find X0 & X1?     300UPGRJ.zip
  3. PIDAT Program setting

Please see a sample program. The PID is not working on simulator, only on real PLC PID Example.cxp
  4. Today
  5. Sample Pid Program

After a lot of research and time loss, I found that the PID is executing if you first clear the entire C area of PIDAT (all 40 words=0) at least one time. After that you don't need to clear anything. Good luck! 
  6. usb connection

hello, how i upload PDF file from  USB to the HMI (NA5),  so the user can choose and show a pdf file from the usb files list?  
  7. For my school project pls help =(
  8. Ultrasonic Flow Meter noise

Are the Flowmeters AC or DC powered? Some frequency outputs are passive that need loop power to operate. If a 24Vdc power supply is in the frequency loop, is the 24V common grounded or floating?   Can you ground the DC supply if floating, or float it if it is grounded in order check alternative performance? I have heard of some field instrument outputs picking up noise from switching DC power supplies, where the solution was to substitute a linear DC power supply.   Linear supplies are now uncommon, but it might be worth the effort to locate one for testing to see if it makes any difference. Presumably the Fluke is battery powered and floating.     Are the frequency test results done with the field wires disconnected from the input terminals of the AB input card, or with the field wires connected? I wonder what an AC powered, grounded chassis oscilloscope would show for an ”as connected” test (in parallel with the connected field wiring)? I’ve seen 4-20mA common mode issues disappear when the field wiring is disconnected and its signal checked with a floating battery powered meter where problem reasserts itself when the field wiring is re-connected, because common mode is ’common’ between two points - remove the commonality (wiring connected, not floating) and the common mode disappears. Try the same frequency test with the (-) low side meter probe grounded to see if you get the same results. 
  9. Yesterday
  10. I am trying to examine a proximity sensor during acceleration: what I am trying to accomplish is "during acceleration if there is no change in state to the poximity sensor (either stays high or low depending on last cycle) then initiate shutdown. What I am currently getting is "as soon as acceleration starts shut down". I am not sure how to examine the state of the input for "no change" and am wondering if anyone might have some insight as to how to accomplish this? I am using an EZ420 PLC/HMI Hopefully a screenshot of my current logic (reference rungs 7-12) is attached. Thanks in advance!
  11. Map Physical Input and Output to Word

Elements of a union or structure (with the period in the name) cannot be used in the I/O Map.
  12. Watch Tab Page (Table) can also be used for structures.  Shows all elements in a structure the same way it does arrays.
  13. folder display on the HMI

Nope.  Not possible with current tool.
  14. is it possible to display a folder with pdf files on the hmi so the user can choose a file from the list? i dont want to upload every file to the hmi, i mean that if i upload a file to this folder in the pc it will update also the folder in the hmi. anyone can help me?
  15. Hello All I am new to Mitsibishi servodrive, i am using a Beckhoff PLC TwinCAT3  and MR-J4-TM servo drive from mitsubishi , i connected the servo to the NTwinCAT using etherCAT. I was able to write a program where i was able to activate the servo from the TwinCAT using the mc_Power instruction . My question is , i am not able to run the servo using the mc_movevelocity and mc_moverelative . Do any one have any suggestion to how to go from here .. datei_Mr-J4-TM_TwinCat_EtherCAT.pdf
  16. Last week
  17. Map Physical Input and Output to Word

I am using the above method, I thought there is a more simple method instead of writing bits to bits. Is there a way of assigning a variable at IO Table directly with the union variable?  
  18. Cp1h-y - encoder issues.

Wiring  W450 manual  
  19. Cp1h-y - encoder issues.

Yes sir, I'm all correct as far as I can tell. maybe I should try a different encoder?.
  20. OMRON SYSMAC STUDIO SEQUENCER

Have a look at the Stack* instructions under "Stack and Table". StackPush is probably close to SQI and StackFIFO is close to SQO.
  21. Servo Movement

which exact homing method is used? how exactly it is setup? things could slip if there was a collision. also what kind of motor is this? does it have a brake? it may be worn out so motor slips a bit when powered off. as i recall these drives also have absolute encoder option (requires battery). did anyone ever change that battery?
  22. Cp1h-y - encoder issues.

Have you looked at section 5-2 of the CP1H Operation Manual (W450)? You'll need to configure Settings for the 'Built In Inputs'. There are 4 channels for HSC, make sure your wiring is correct for the appropriate channel. For channel 0, the pulses will count in memory address A270 - 271.
  23. Map Physical Input and Output to Word

You have to make a union.    See below: First, make a union under data types like this: Then create a variable that is of the type that you created: Then use the variable as both a bit and a word like this: You can ignore my comments about VB in the ladder, this was an example that I did for someone else. 
  24. Cp1h-y - encoder issues.

My issue and goal. - Trying to get an encoder (Automation Direct TRD-N30-RZVWD) connected to a cp1h-y to read wheel position(coupling) and have a pulse trigger at certain positions is this possible? I currently have the encoder wired up to highspeed counter 1 and am using PRV(881) port #0010 control data #0 with an P_On always on flag.  wanting to see  values change but nothing is being changed in the watch window. I'm reading the programming in section  3-20-2 HIGH-SPEED COUNTER PV READ: PRV(881), but I'm struggling.  any help is much appreciated.    
  25. Robotic Pick and Place addressing method

one common way is to use an array (or set of arrays). This allows easy manipulation and accessing elements by index, rather than name.
  26. Hi, I've been given a couple Twido PLCs (TWDLCDE40DRF) to create and test modbus communication between devices and a HMI/SCADA software, as of now I haven't been able to work due to IT restrictions (hopefully this will be adressed in the next few days) I can't disable firewalls nor can I manage COMs ports.  My question is, when creating a Master/Slave between a SCADA (master) and a PLC (Slave) do I need to write any code in the Twido PLC, or I just need to configure the ports/adresses to be able to read the info in the plc? Disclaimer: English isn't my first language.   Thanks in advance. Edit: Fixing writting.
  27. You can easily view the contents of a structure by adding it in the watch tab page. Simply click on View --> Watch Tab Page (alternatively you can push keyboard shortcut: ALT + 4). Fill out the Device name, and name of the structure. A small arrow will appear next to the structure, click this to expand the structure to view all of its contents.
  28. How to map physical Input and output into variables type of Word?  It is easy in CX programmer with Mov 0 to  Inp_Word_0  (type Channel) Global Variable  -----> Inp_Word_0 ,      Inp_Word_1     Type Word                                       Out_Word_0,        Type Word                           Example in NX1P2   map Input Bit 00 to Input Bit 15 to a Inp_Word_0,     and    map  Input Bit 16 to Input Bit 23 to a Inp_Word_1                                      map Outpu Bit 00 to Input Bit 15 to a Out_Word_0,                                         
  29. Load more activity