All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Prv instruction in structured text

Oh and btw, thanks Michael,  reading A 270 as a DINT made me recieve some numbers
  3. Prv instruction in structured text

Maybe it’s a European thing  Like Michael said, in certain cases it’s very useful. In my current project for example, I work with large amounts ascii strings and data set in Lwords, which need to be shifted or moved and referenced in various ways Also I have remote in- and outputs from 40 individual stations for which I use arrays and lots of FOR TO loops and CASE statements  to make things easier to implement en modify.  In my opinion, once you get the hang of it the possibilities are endless and it’s much less time consuming to write, especially when using loops.
  4. Today
  5. Function Block

I don't use Function Blocks much but some of Omron's examples use the TST(350) instruction. I'm not sure if there is an easier method.
  6. Prv instruction in structured text

Structured text is incredibly valuable for specific situations such as calculations and loops, etc.  However I find it very tedious for boolean operations and greatly prefer ladder for that case.
  7. MSG alternative to acees BOOL type data?

An array of BOOLs?
  8. Safety Inputs/Outputs

Edit - managed to do it. Omron tutorial isn't relevant any more.
  9. You could also use a timer and increase the index every time it elapses, in this case you wouldn't use a for loop.
  10. Change CIP Service Code

Hi all, This is my first post here, I read through the FAQ, searched the Allen-Bradley forum and this one for my question but couldn't quite find what i was looking for. My main questions is: Is it possible to programmatically change the service code of a MSG instruction?  It is possible to change the class,  instance and attributes but the application I'm currently writing would be a lot simpler if all I had to create is one instance of the MSG block (and its data) . The only thing stopping me is the service code.   Edit: I'm using a CompactLogix 5380-L306ER   Any input is greatly appreciated!
  11. Hi,   How do I address safety inputs and outputs from the safety PLC to my main PLC program? Usually I'd use a PILZ relay to drop out coil&main power to contactors and then control contactors from my PLC, however someone else has designed this machine so there is a safety PLC which I have to turn the contactors on through the safety PLC.   So the inputs from the safety PLC and outputs from the safety PLC need to be read + written to from my main ladder logic....is this possible?   Also - using a variable in my main PLC program in the safety program, is this possible?   I want to use my 'Safety OK' + a variable from my PLC to turn on a Relay (which is connected to a safe output)
  12. ASCII with BRX-DM1E-18ER3-D PLC

Have you looked in the software help file?  There are examples in there along with complete descriptions of how each instruction works. Also there are videos on the AutomationDirect.com Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/automationdirect
  13. MSG alternative to acees BOOL type data?

Ok, then mapping the tag works (same thing as bit packing, just one at a time). Message to an INT, then assign the bits from the INT to the BOOL
  14. Module configuration error - 1FE6

Excellent. Good find and good to know    
  15. MSG alternative to acees BOOL type data?

Michael, I said any tag created by the standard procedure, so it exists. But it is a base type BOOL tag, not an alias nor member of UDT.
  16. GE ENET station manager

HiI am just starting out at a new job full of GE systems.I have a IC695ETM001 ethernet card which has a RS232 port for Station manager access.I can currently see some info (such as IP, firmware version etc.) from the card when I connect with Putty and cycle the power but I cannot send commands to the card. I've tried Putty, hyper-terminal and a standalone Station manager terminal from GE but nothing works.Anyone know whether I'm missing something?
  17. Sample blocks for S7 1200 plc's

No it should not open only Tia v13.1 will open the all previous version of Tia portal . And Tia v14 opens the Tia v13.1   So thats the problem ............and its okay thanks for your support......... i started to develop my own block in tia v14...........
  18. Sample blocks for S7 1200 plc's

You should be able to open your TIA Portal V12 project in V14.  Try going to Project -> Open to open your .ap12 project file, or if you have an archive, go to the Project -> Retrieve your .zap12 file.    
  19. Module configuration error - 1FE6

Thank you for the response Gambit, problem is now resolved. My hardware setup was correct and matching, the error was found to be a check box within the System parameter - I/O assignment, there is a system config check box that was chosen to check rather than not to. Even Mitsubishi support couldn't find the issue with program or hardware.
  20. Function Block

how to access the bits in word variable in function blocks
  21. Keyence IV500CA and ML1400

Hello Friends I need to communicate through Ethernet a IV500CA and a Micrologix 1400. Have you done this? In the Keyence page there are examples but only for compact and contrologix.   Thanks in advance.   
  22. Sample blocks for S7 1200 plc's

hi  i am having software already but my laptop is not compatible. So please share the backup for editable timer 
  23. E900 Operating System Required

Thanks for your help. I contacted Beijer and they were able to supply the version 6.10 firmware in a BIN file. I was able to download this to the E900 via System Loader Software but only after I erased the memory on the E900 first. My project was then able to download and now I have a working spare for the company - happy days.
  24. MSG alternative to acees BOOL type data?

Logix 5000 is a tagname based environment. If there aren't any Boolean tags there aren't any Booleans
  25. OMRON CJ2M-CPU13 - SCU32- Communication

thanks a lot 
  26. Yesterday
  27. MSG alternative to acees BOOL type data?

The problem is that it should not require any preprogramming (program code, data type, aliasing, etc.) that refers specific tags. The solution must be tag name- independent and work with any arbitrary BOOl tag created by the standard procedure.
  28. OMRON VS FACTORYTALK

In RSlinx the omron PLC does not appear. How do I add it?
  29. Load more activity