All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Hello Pcmccartney 1, thanks for the video, but  if i can get the wiring diagram it will help me more.  
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDmN_tvXb4
  4. Cant connect scale to CP1H through RS232C Module

D200 needs to be something other than &0.  Try putting a fixed value in there.  Since you are using option slot 1, use #0100 instead of D200.   After you do that, check your wiring....I cannot tell if you have anything connected to SG (pin 9) on the CIF01 connector side.
  5. Hello,  please i wish to simulate HSC in Allen Bradley 1400 using a square wave generator. i have built and tested the square wave generator it works well, the issue is how to wire it to Allen Bradley 1400. also i wish to understand IO Configuration filter settings, am using Allen Bradley 1400 B series Processor  Thanks  Square wave generator simulating with AB 1400 for HSC.pdf
  6. HOW TO CONNECT PLC OMRON CP1E TO RS485 DEVICE

For testing purposes, change your ladder rung to this: and let us know what happens. Or, put a bit in place of the P_1s contact that you are not using elsewhere and turn it on manually when A394 = 16.  Then check D10 (or D0 as I have done above).
  7. Today
  8. FORMAT PLC FX-64MR-DS

FX memory card may have a write protect switch turned on.  Look under the cover and see if a memory module is present.
  9. installing AL-PCS/WIN

Never seen it work on Windows 10.
  10. installing AL-PCS/WIN

It was made for Windows 95 / 98.  
  11. I am trying to connect my KILO TECH TOP GUN  scale with KIN 500 Indicator  to PLC CP1H  through  RS232C Module (CP1W-0007)  . Connect all wires , Comm Light on module is Blinking , But But I see nothing in the program. I tried everything I could, but I didn’t get a result in a couple of days. Thank you very much for your attention . KIN 500 25 september 2013 manual.pdf PLCScale.cxp
  12. Machine Edition View for Quick Panel

Hi guys, I hope you still alive. Does somebody still have Quick Designer software? I have one Quick Panel Jr. (QPJ2D10L2P), but on the site all screens are Omron (and I multiple options in spare), so main idea to convert Quick Panel to Omron.  What I did? I found that program from Quick Designer can be converted to Proficy Machine Edition. I found this software and tried, but I have Error 12021: "Selected project file was created in QuickDesigner prior to version 3.2. Only project created in Quick Designer 3.2 or later are valid". I believe that here no direct convention from Quick Panel to Omron, so I just want to open project from Quick Panel in Proficy ME, and manually  recreate same for Omron.  Maybe somebody can open this project in Quick Designer and save in Quick Designer 3.2 or higher version. So I can migrate it to Proficy ME. Please help guys. 
  13. installing AL-PCS/WIN

I am trying to install Mits. AL-PCS/WIN on windows 10, v2.7, but it goes to the install shield, see 99% progress bar, then everything disappears from desktop screen, nothing ?   go to programs, nothing is installed ?   please can anyone advise how AL-PCS/WIN is installed on windows 10 ?   thanks
  14. FX5U connected to GS2107

I have an FX5U connected to a GS2107 via an Ethernet switch it all works fine. How do I go about adding a second FX5U? I've set the second FX5U up to be on the same network but now I'm a bit stumped.
  15. My Model Train Project

Yeah I actually use the register method more than the counter method for keeping track of steps.  You see that Joe has each step 10 apart, ie,  10, 20, 30, etc.  Similar to the way we used to have to program in BASIC when you had to put line numbers.  That way you could insert lines without having to renumber your whole program.  The same applies in the code he has.  He can easily insert another step, say 15, without screwing up his whole numbering scheme.
  16. FORMAT PLC FX-64MR-DS

Software?  It's possible to install gxdev in read mode only
  17. My Model Train Project

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.  As for sequencers, I am not usually a fan.  As I am generally programming in ladder somewhat because it's easier for the techs to understand, the sequencer flies against this logic.  I prefer to use something like a counter to step through sequence steps and operate logic based on what step I'm in.  This works particularly well with each of my equipment pieces being a looked at as a module.  So i might activate a bit that is defined as step 1 when my counter accumulator is 1.  I will use that bit in my valve, pump or other equipment logic to activate required equipment when the equipment is running in automatic.  It's very easy to see what happens in that step 1 with a cross reference of the address.  In addition when someone is looking at a valve operation (for example), they can immediately see that it is active in step 1.  Finally it is very easy to see what cycles the system to the next step.  I think it's more clear than a sequencer.  This is all programming preference.  There are times when I have used the sequencer when the end user preferred it.  PLC programming is very much programming to your audience. Program in a way that works for the expected user. 
  18. My Model Train Project

Last year, I had to program a mechanism that would pick up an engine bearing, rotate it, and put it back down. It's a simple sequence with 3 pneumatic cylinders, 2 solenoid coils and 2 sensors per cylinder. I made a simple state diagram flow chart to illustrate the process so it was easier to follow and easier to code. Instead of using a bit for each state, I used an integer register. Each step's completion wrote the next step's value into that register. The value for each step is shown on the flow chart. The text inside the flow chart boxes tells me what state each solenoid valve output needs to be in during that step while the text on the arrows tells me what sensor condition triggers the next step. Facer_07_UnloadRotatorSequence.pdf Note that the flow chart shows how the system works in auto when everything works. I don't have great software for making flowcharts, so even making this was a pain. I didn't have time to add manual transitions and error conditions. Thankfully, I had just enough time with the machine before it went into the line to do some extensive simulation and testing to add code to handle errors and interruptions. At the end of the sequence code, there's a rung controlling an intermediate bit for each output that has a branch for each step in the sequence. This bit is used later to control the PLC output, based on whether the mechanism is in auto or manual. Here are the rungs for the first 2 steps in the sequence (wait for a part, then move down). The "BrgUnldRot_Posxx" bits are controlled elsewhere by looking at the cylinder sensors to determine which position the rotator is in. I use that information in another section of the code to make better transitions between manual and auto modes. I added a timer to each step, so I could slow it down during debug/development. It doesn't need time delays while actually running, so the timer presets are 0. They can be easily changed later if needed.   This rung controls the "auto down" bit, which is used later to control the actual PLC output:   Here's the rung that actually controls the PLC output:
  19. Report Builder 3.0 with SQL Express/FTView SE

I have done this many times for reports. Check out "Pivot" in SQL. I embed that into my reports.
  20. My Model Train Project

The PLC IO document I posted is actually only one page of a complete document. The complete document is shown below. Whenever I plan to use a data type in the PLC I document what its being used for so I don't accidentally re-use it in a different routine or program. I also drew out a diagram of the track layout and all the PLC I/O on the layout. I do understand the concept of seal in logic, the simple start-stop logic is a basic example of that and I do have a training manual that does illustrate that. For any given routine, it is completed in a series of steps, as shown in the program I uploaded, as each step completes, I latch a bit to indicate it is complete and it is used as a condition on the following rungs to allow those rungs to become true. I think I see where I got into trouble and my programming went off the rails is it also forced me to use latches and unlatches on the outputs.  This I see now as bad programming practice as it caused unexpected results and made troubleshooting difficult. What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is for a given routine, let me use my "Forward - Reverse" routine as an example, I explained it in the video I posted above about how the trains can act when track power is applied. Since I am using Lionel O scale trains, they can run in both forward and reverse direction. The video shows a good example of this and I used these two different locomotives because the smaller one will automatically revert to forward after track power has been off for so many seconds, where as the other locomotive will retain its forward-reverse sequence no matter how long track power is off. I think what I need to do is focus on this routine and find a better way to write it before trying to re-do any of the other programs. This routine like many others for this project will depend on a set of sequences to complete a task. The conditions of the inputs and outputs depend on what "step" the program is in. (examples would be track power, and the optical sensors) The block detect would always have to be high (train sensed in that section of track) but it would be a needed condition because if the train were to not be sensed while it is running, that would be an alarm condition (say for example if the train derailed)   Now in my training manual there is a section on sequence logic, I took a picture from one of the pages showing a simple machine and a sequence for it to complete a task, in this case it is to load a part into a clamp, drill a hole, then eject it on the outfeed convener. I am wondering if this might be a better approach since from what I am reading about this, there would only be one "Output energize" rung needed, the conditions all have to be met in sequence for the output to turn on. In the example of my forward-reverse routine, track power on the throughway or side track is conditionally on depending on what step the program is in in getting the train to move forward or reverse direction as needed.   My goal is to learn how to program and apply it. I have been given a project at work to design a system to help prevent fires in the embossing section of the sheet line. The program is not complicated and does not require any sequence. It looks for certain conditions (sheet is moving, and photoeyes above the embossing heaters are clear of obstruction) If one of these conditions is detected, I do latch a bit on to create the alarm condition and the operator has to press a reset button to clear the condition once he checked the line. So even though I am at a roadblock with my model train project, what I have learned so far has allowed me to design this project. Another one I designed is for a process that requires bottled compressed gas, two tanks would be connected and the process draws on one of the tanks, when the tank runs empty, it switches to the other full tank automatically and alerts the operator that the empty tank needs to be changed and then a button is pressed to purge out the atmosphere and then the tank is considered ready for use. I also made an HMI screen for this as practice since I also want to include a HMI panel with my layout.   The video you posted is very good, I agree it is very important to document. I have made design changes and improvements to equipment before and I wrote documentation for both the operators and technicians so they know how to operate the changed equipment, and for the technicians to help troubleshoot, in the event of a problem. Once this embosser project is more complete, I do plan to write up a complete document on how it works and what it does. (I used a Click PLC for this project)   Mike   BLANK PLC PROJECT.pdf Data files blank.pdf
  21. FX5U comm with A1SJ71QE71N3-T

The ethernet module of the QnA series supports 3E. All you need to do on the QnA side is create a port
  22. PLC 5 to Compact Logix with a Message?

Yes, it is possible. We have several places in our plant where a ControlLogix is reading information from a PLC-5 via DH+. Which PLC-5 do you have? Does it have an Ethernet port or just the RIO/DH+ and serial ports?
  23. FX5U comm with A1SJ71QE71N3-T

As far as I understand, A1SJ71QE71N3-T module doesn't support QnA Compatible 3E Frame (i think that is for Qna built-in ethernet CPUs)??! (CPU is Q2ASHcpu-S1, doesn't have built-in ETH port.) For A1SJ71QE71N3-T, I am using Fixed buffer protocol (library Eth_QE71_IEC_6)--pic in attachment. 
  24. B & R Automation - What's the big secret?

What series does B&R Automation Panel HMI have? Article Sources 2019 The World's Most Complete B&R Industrial HMI Parts Center B&R Automation Panel HMI develops different series of HMIs for different industrial production scenarios. At present, at least 10 series of products have been developed. Automation Panel PC: Automation Panel 5000, Panel PC 3100 single-touch, Panel PC 2200 single-touch, Panel PC 2100 single-touch, Panel PC 900 single-touch, Automation Panel 800 Panel PC 3100 single-touch:All variants are fanless, so the Panel PC 3100 features no rotating parts. This makes maintenance tasks like replacing air filters a thing of the past. The scalable memory options range from 4 to 32 GB.   Panel PC 2200 single-touch:The deceptively compact housing of the Panel PC conceals a colossal performance that can turn any Automation Panel into a full-fledged Panel PC system. This innovative PC design is based on Intel Apollo Lake architecture, whose dual- and quad-core processor technology represents a milestone for embedded systems – all while offering an optimal price/performance ratio.   Panel PC 2100 single-touch:With an ultracompact housing that corresponds to the dimensions of a Smart Display Link receiver, the Panel PC 2100 is an extremely powerful PC system that can handle virtually any application. The control cabinet variant of the Automation PC 2100 also provides a complete PC system with minimized dimensions.   Panel PC 900 single-touch:The full range of Panel PC 900 processors – from the single-core Celeron up to the quad-core Core i7 – provide a versatile selection of CPU performance levels to make it the best platform for any application. Even in fanless operation, the Panel PC 900 outperforms the high-end version of its predecessor.   Automation Panel 800:Fully enclosed Automation Panel 800 display units provide maximum flexibility. Mounting on swing arm systems allows the operator panel to be placed at the most ergonomically convenient position – a decisive advantage for comfortable operation of the machine. B&R Power Panel T-/C-Series:Power Panel T30, Power Panel T50, Power Panel C30, Power Panel C70 Simple HMI The Power Panel T-Series (terminal design) is equipped with an embedded browser and can also be used as a Visual Components client. These Power Panels have Ethernet and USB interfaces as well as various configuration options.   High-performance with a wide range of connection options The Power Panel C-Series (controller design) is available in a wide range of performance classes with cycle times down to 0.4 ms. In addition, variants with different interfaces cover a wide array of applications: POWERLINK, standard Ethernet, USB 2.0, X2X Link as well as optional RS232, RS485 and CAN make sure that all bases are covered when it comes to connectivity. B&R Power Panel 300/400/500: include Power Panel PP 300, Power Panel PP 400, Power Panel PP 500, B&R Power Panel PP: include Power Panel PP65, Power Panel PP15, Power Panel PP21, Power Panel PP35, Power Panel PP41, Power Panel PP45 The Power Panel 65 provides maximum flexibility with two different display types with identical installation dimensions: a 5.7" model with touch screen (and no function keys) and a 3.5" model with touch screen and 30 function keys. Equipped with 2 USB interface and a Fast Ethernet port for exchanging data with higher-level systems, the Power Panel 65 is also available with integrated X2X Link or POWERLINK interface options for connecting remote I/O modules and drives. These systems can be further extended with RS232/RS485, CAN bus and PROFIBUS DP slave interfaces to meet any requirement.   Power Panel PP45 combines integrated control, visualization and I/O interface in one solution for machine control. Ethernet and X2X Link are used for the communication system. Additionally, these devices have been equipped with a slot for interface cards. PP45 can be expanded using Ethernet Powerlink, CAN bus, Profibus DP, or RS485/232. B&R Industrial Automation;   Power Panel PP15, B&R offers an operator panel with integrated I/O points for control, positioning, and visualization tasks. Distinguished by a compact design that guarantees full functionality for a wide variety of applications the PP15 has been further enhanced in 2005 and is now available with additional keys. B&R Mobile Panel Series: include Mobile Panel 40, Mobile Panel 50, Mobile Panel 100, Mobile Panel 200 The mobile operator panels are designed so that they are comfortable to hold and do not cause fatigue even after working for longer periods of time. This benefit is enjoyed by left and right handed operators alike. The low-weight construction also helps ensure safe operation and monitoring. B&R PANELWARE PANELWARE compact terminals combined with B&R control systems are the ideal solution for space-saving machine visualization. If you want to get more informatoin visit B&R Automation HMI Website  
  25. Sir good day. Can you please help me Sir answer this some questions of mine..?

What is the scaling value for flex io 1794 1E8xOE4, 4 to 20mA input, is it 6242 to 30840 Sir or 0 to 30840?

I am confused for these 2 scaling values in our slc 5/05 program, please help me Sir.

Thank you Sir.

26. S7-1200 ‘Authorised Connection’ Password

try this... the default Password of the Administrator User in TIA portal ist "Administrator". Look at this FAQ: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/de/en/view/10087466   In WinCC flexible 2008 and migrated Projects I agree its 100.
  27. FORMAT PLC FX-64MR-DS

I can't format the MITSUBISHI FX-64MR-DS Plc and also can't rewrite. only reading Possible
  28. Load more activity