All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. FORMAT PLC FX-64MR-DS

What do you see? Greyed out buttons?   What messages do you get?  
  3. HOW TO CONNECT PLC OMRON CP1E TO RS485 DEVICE

What is different is that the P_1s bit is a one-shot (differentiate UP).  It is only on for one scan.  Right click on the contact and choose differentiate up.  My thought is that using the P_1s bit will allow the code to clear out the buffer.  For some reason, A392.14 is staying on, so the RXD instruction is only executed one time.  There is clearly data in the buffer since A394 = 16, so the P_1s bit would empty out the buffer.  Perhaps your device is sending multiple versions of the same string?  See if there is a setting to have it only send one at a time.  You could also connect this up to a PC with an RS232 adapter to look at it with a Hyperterminal like progam to see what your device is sending.
  4. Today
  5. Machine Edition View for Quick Panel

Send me a Quick Designer backup to stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net. I'll import it into a newer version of Quick Designer and then into Proficy. Tell me what version of Proficy Machine Edition you're using so I don't import into something too new for you.
  6. PLC5 Subroutine Access

Thanks Guess. I confirm MCP (Main Control Program) is the solution if there are no JSR commands. In order to get to MCP double click on S2 and then go in the MCP Tab. Most of the time it will be Ladder 2 selected and then JSR will be done in Ladder 2 to call the other subroutine but you can put all Ladder Subroutines number in MCP.
  7. installing AL-PCS/WIN

very odd, has now seemed to install ok,   I did set compatibility to win7, and run as admin, (although I sure I had already tried this yesterday) strange thing is, I gave up from last try, everything disappeared again, then must have been at least 15 mins later, the next install progress screen popped up, and I was able to complete install....odd
  8. That looks correct as long as your wave generator has a sinking output.
  9. Thanks for the video it helps.  Base on the video explanation, i came out with the schematic attached below, please kindly go through it. and see if i did it the right way.  thanks wiring diagram for AB 1400 & square wave generator.pdf
  10. FORMAT PLC FX-64MR-DS

I was checked there no write protect switch. i used Mitsubishi rs 232 to rs 422 converter attach with usb to serial port. simulation, compare and read easily but can't load program, can't clear memory. i am using gxdev 8.2 version.   
  11. installing AL-PCS/WIN

Maybe run the setup.exe  as Administrator that sometimes helps
  12. can anyone help me? please tell me how to interface A172SENC motion control, like what kind of software and hardware that i need to program it
  13. installing AL-PCS/WIN

thanks for all replies,    I will retry compatibility mode for win 7, pretty sure I tried all modes, including 95/98   if you look online, the specs I have seen, state it should run on windows 10 maybe there is something partially blocking install on my PC, I get the splash screen, the first progress bar, then everything disappears off screen, nothing...
  14. A series Motion Control

@katmandoo tortoise hello sir,, i have the same problem with @Delbert..  i have program with extension .cnf and .prj but can open the program cz i dont have the software SW3RNC-GSVE ,, i use V22 for the OS. can you share the program ?
  15. installing AL-PCS/WIN

I have V2.70 running on my windows 10 also without any problems. But If you do I would try to tun it in compatibility mode for windows 7
  16. FX5U and SMC EX260 built in ethernet

Have you already bought the SMC unit. you can get one with CC-Link which would be easiest. The SMC.....SEN version is for Ethernet IP. so you will need to get an FX5-ENET/IP module
  17. Good day, I am new in mitsubishi and have a question about how build built in ethernet communication on fx5u fw 1.050 gx3 1.047 with smc ex260 sen1, where i need send 2 bytes and receive 4 bytes can u help me? I try to send data with this format 2#0000000100000001 and send by Ethernet Active Tcp connection library where I have added the external device configuration ip and port SMC EX260 SEN1, I think I needed use a CIP protocol and port 44818 or Ethernet/ip, maybe I need add a ENET module to use this communication between my devices? Thanks a lot for answers
  18. HOW TO CONNECT PLC OMRON CP1E TO RS485 DEVICE

Hello Mr Michael, I done checking D0 and data is same with AD4329a, but maybe sometimes if i push manually repeatly, A392.12 is on, A392.14 is off and can't get data and i think cant send data again after a392.12 is on. but my question is what different with your ladder diagram and my ladder diagram before? can you explain to me?
  19. Hi. Newbie PLC user here. I wrote a test program in structured text using GX Works2. Everything works in simulation. (* === SIMPLE === *) Y0 := X0; (* === COUNTER === *) counter( RESET:=X2, CV:=counterValue, CU:=X1, PV:=3 ); Y1 := counter.Q; (* === TIMER === *) timer( IN:=X3, PT:=T#2s, Q:=Y2, ET:=timerValue ); On an actual hardware FX1N, only Y0 := X0 works. I inspected the compiled program and it shows "CALL P30" and "CALL P31". Questions: 1. Do I need to take extra steps to load some libraries? 2. How do I view the automatically added function blocks to make sure it was indeed loaded? Thanks,   test ST.gxw
  20. Yesterday
  21. Help with PLC communication basics

PLC’s basically run ’real-time’ and do not routinely store data unless specifically programmed to do so.   ’HMI software’ (several flavors listed in the post above this one) takes on the task of communicating with the PLC to get data from or to write data to the PLC. As someone noted, some PLC comm ports are for programming, others for data transfer; depends on app specifics.    It takes a ’driver’ to talk to a specific brand/model PLC.   OPC server (Windows software) are like a gateway; one side has a driver that talks to the  PLC, the other side exchanges the data from the PLC with an OPC client.   OPC clients are built into most HMI software packages nowadays.  The latest iteration of OPC, OPC UA, is friendly on the server-client side, listing PLC configured tags in the client, but the driver side still requires ’building a tag database’ for many devices.   I think the proposed task is incredibly ambitious.  I find the prospect of connecting to a variety of installed controllers daunting, to say the least.   It’s my opinion that the world of IIoT is largely an illusion with its implementations requiring significant programming effort. Best of luck in the endeavor.        
  22. installing AL-PCS/WIN

Any old Windows soft is working under Windows 10 perfectly, while with old releases of Win10 the compatibility should be achieved manually. With  newer releases the old soft is running automatically. I have the last release of Win10 on my PC and have not a problem to run an old Mitsu/Beijer soft.
  23. Help with PLC communication basics

That's a big task... My suggestion for right now is to get a MicroLogix 1100 instead of the 1400. The 1100 can be programmed with the free version of RSLogix 500. It can communicate to  your data collection software at the same time as the PC running RSLogix, both over Ethernet. There are drivers available from Advanced HMI, Peak HMI, Ingear, and Ignition, to name a few. Advanced HMI is free and will get you going pretty quickly developing programs in Visual Studio to talk to your AB PLC. I don't have any personal experience with the others, though we do have a system on which the OEM used Ingear's software to manage a machine vision system that talks to a ControlLogix PLC. You'll have to figure out which system works best for you, based on the installed base of the clients you plan to work with. For example, if you wanted to run a demo in our facility, we would like to see you connect to: 1) AB ControlLogix/CompactLogix via Ethernet 2) AB MicroLogix 1400 via Ethernet 3) Siemens S7-300 via Ethernet (Profinet) 4) Siemens S7-1200/1500 via Ethernet (Profinet) 5) AB SLC 5/04 via DH+ gateway connected to Ethernet network 6) AB PLC-5 via DH+ gateway connected to Ethernet network 7) Siemens S7-300 via Profibus DP Just the first 4 options (the easiest) may be daunting. And that doesn't include the other models that we know would be too hard or simply impossible. Getting an ML1100 will get you started, but I think you'll need a fairly significant investment in PLC programming software to do this right.
  24. Help with PLC communication basics

Thanks Twigums.  We don't know yet what data we want to read, it will either be something we simulate, or could be anything from client devices.  I'd like to know if can I just load data (values, etc) directly into the registers via Ethernet or do those registers have to get their inputs from the input ports and programming?  Thanks for the heads up about the licensing, I was not aware of that.  It would be great if there was a PLC simulator device, rather than us having to build something with production hardware and software.  My manager thinks there is but I have not been able to find simulator hardware. There are really two communication/interface issues here, one for programming and one for control/reading (OPC, etc.).  Can they both be via Ethernet or does it have to be programmed via a serial connection?  Thanks again.
  25. Desperation

Did you get your problem solved and are you trying  to translate to CX Programmer? ?
  26. Thanks Tim. Minor concern that his simulator is powered at 9VDC, hopefully it still works.  In otherwords, the switch on and switch off voltages are acceptable.
  27. Help with PLC communication basics

I have only used Kepware OPC to pull info from PLC's That are not AB for FTView ME to run status displays. I would think a laptop running the kepware OPC server should get the data from the PLC to the Laptop in most cases. What kind of data are you wanting to read? I have ran into a few PLC's(mitsubishi q series) that do not like talking to kepware from their serial ports. Im not sure how this may affect it using ethernet though. Keep in mind that if you are using a Micrologix 1400 you will also need to buy a license for RS500 programing software, download and install to be able to connect to the PLC and program it.(if you know this already I apologize, it was not mentioned in your post)
  28. Here is the expanded version that goes through the details of wiring it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSjloPHHc8
  29. Load more activity