All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Modicon 984

Geez, a 984A, B or X?  I worked on those in the early 90s.  I remember them being "hot swappable" as long as it was a one for one replacement.  I think there were exceptions for some specialty modules.  I think I used Concept once.  This is the dark ages, we used the old Taylor MODSOFT running in a MS-DOS or WIN 3.0.  Of course, before that we have the oscilloscope suitcase for programming on a 4 inch CRT.
  3. Need help with GX Developer

You have posted a pic right over what you have entered Timers are coils and look like this. -------(T1 )K100 You then use done bits in your logic ----| T1 |---
  4. Today
  5. Need help with GX Developer

Assuming you are talking about the highlighted rung and the coil element with the M1. Timers start with a T??? and must be followed by K???? or a constant to define the preset value.
  6. Is it possible to change the dropdown list text on the fly?  I would like to assign each of the options in the list to string variables that my users can change.  I have an array of strings that store the names of parts and I want those strings to show up as the labels in the dropdown. Is there a way to access the object properties in VB?
  7. Hi Have a TSX 47-30 with the memory fault LED "on" after a fault in the main power plant, the PLC have been without power 2 days.  I try to find som manuals that shows what to do.  Somebody have any info??
  8. Need help with GX Developer

I'm getting this error while trying to add a timer to an existing program. I tried using a timer that wasn't used in the program but i still got the same error. The version i'm using is 8.98C    
  9. Rockwell Automation You Make It Challenge

Thanks!  
  10. Rockwell Automation You Make It Challenge

Voted Garry
  11. I wrote the CiCode a bunch of years ago.. from what i remember you had to use the read tag function to make a changing prefix work I put the tags in buffers with tag read    did my scaling    then TagWrite for the output. This was done in ciCode not CiCode Object //////////// put DB tags in buffer variables for Manipulation         net_amp_act_1_buff = TagRead(prefix_buff_const+"_current_1");     net_amp_act_2_buff = TagRead(prefix_buff_const+"_current_2");     net_amp_act_3_buff = TagRead(prefix_buff_const+"_current_3");   ////// write reslults the Data Base     TagWrite(prefix_buff_const+"_current_1_cal", current_1_cal_buff);     TagWrite(prefix_buff_const+"_current_2_cal", current_2_cal_buff);     TagWrite(prefix_buff_const+"_current_3_cal", current_3_cal_buff);
  12. Hi all, I want to connect FX3G PLC to a network. So I have installed FX3U-ENET-ADP to the left side of the FX3G PLC using FX3G-CNV-ADP. Can someone help me how to change the IP address of the PLC according to my network IP address (let us take it as 192.168.0.50). So now I want to configure the PLC's IP address as 192.168.0.30. I tried using the FX-Configurator-EN but I could not establish a connection with the PLC through it. Here are the snapshots of the process I followed.   But when I do the 'Connection test', I'm getting the following Error message. I tried to connect with both Serial port & USB. But it is showing the same error.   But when I connect PLC with the Serial port or USB, it is getting connected.   I'm aware that there are lot of discussions happened in this regard, but I could not find the solution part to the problem I'm facing. Kindly guide me please. Best Regards, Vijay
  13. Rockwell Automation You Make It Challenge

Thanks Mickey and Izzybe.  It means a lot!
  14. pt model: NT31C-ST141B-EV2 system program: NT31C-ST14*-EV1 USING : NT-SERIES SUPPORT TOOL VER. 4.10, ERROR MESSAGE:  >SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION INSTALLED IN THE PT AND THE APPLICATION VERSION SELECTED IN TJE SUPPORT TOOL DOES NOT MATCH. PLEASE CHECK THE SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION IN THE PT ANF THE SELECTED PT MODEL AT THE SUPPORT TOOL. COMMUNICATION ABORTED<   AND I TRY REINSTALL THE SYSTEM PROGRAM FROM NT BY NT-AQF0A.31C, > COMMUNICATION ERROR < ANYONE CAN HELP,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  
  15. Delta HMI Screen Editor 1.05.83

Thank you @plcfans But this software is dedicated to TP series HMIs. I could not use it for DOP-A series.  
  16. Rockwell Automation You Make It Challenge

voted. Hope he does well... 
  17. Yesterday
  18. Sorry for the late reply guys.i was using a serial db9,of which we use for all other Quantums.the strange thing is that after the weekend ,I got straight in and downloaded the program with no issues at all,I hadn't done anything different,what's happened now is that the Plc is not communicating with the magelis Hmi I guess that has defaulted as well .the hmi is connected via the modus serial port.is the a way of finding the address ? as I've never worked with this type of addressing  system.
  19. Modicon 984

Ok thanks sorry for being a pain but in the manuals it says to kill power to the power supply before pushing in i/o card that's not correct? or just a safety precaution
  20. PLC occasionally going out of Run mode?

Would this show past faults even if the CPU was put back into run mode? It was a co worker who put the plc back into run mode and I'm just trying to find out why it keeps happening.  Also the PLC is an IM 155-6 PN ST   Thanks for your help.
  21. Modicon 984

That is correct. But even on the "master" rack  you do NOT need to kill power to replace an I/O card.
  22. The original 200 series with the "knurled pins" allowed for maximum I/O flexibility, but some folks didn't use common sense when setting them as you found out!
  23. Crossbow, you are correct! NXT will NOT communicate with a 484. A 484 is asynchronous and also needs a hardware asynchronous to serial convertor (Modicon J470).
  24. Modicon 984

Ok thanks so for example If I change a bad I/O card on remote rack and processor(J890). I can kill power to the power supply I wont risk losing memory because the memory is stored on the Master PLC ?  That being said if I was to change a bad I/O card on the Master PLC (984) just make sure my battery is good before I kill power on the power supply.  Once again thanks for any info you provide!
  25. Modbus Plus to PC

Collinsd70, you are correct. They work well but are costly!
  26. Once the processor has lost its' memory, the comm addresses default back to 1 for MB & MB+. Once the program is reloaded and the processor is started to Run, the addresses will be set by the newly reloaded program.
  27. What address are you attempting to connect? If the unit is defaulted, it has returned to address 1.
  28. Load more activity