All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. FX1S output failure

The procedure to run it in pulsed mode is changed through the HMI touch screen. You can select to either run it constant or pulsed by pressing the option on the screen that is it. I have attached pdfs of PLC program depositor PLC 2.pdf DEPOSITOR PLC 3.pdf depositor PLC.pdf
  3. Today
  4. Speed in meter/mint

If you have 800 increments the "resolution" will be very low- so you may have to calculate over a larger time base .   Regards Daniel.
  5. Speed in meter/mint

So 800 increments = 1 Metre of Travel. Capture number of increments over a set period of time. You now have a time and distance, now you just need to get everything into metres/minute. -Set this as a high priority task (10ms) if possible. -You need to account for overflow in your code (32,767) -Your final value will be a REAL, so you may need to take your inputs and convert to REALs in order to complete the calculation.     Regards Daniel.  
  6. Thanks, Already have and read it, still no luck
  7. Speed in meter/mint

okay if I am not wrong u are saying that for instance my conveyor cover 1 meter in 800 increments and after 800 the encoder is reset and again calculate for 2nd third and so on till timer of 1 minute and after every 800 increment there will be increment of 1 count in counter so in this way after 1 mint it shows the speed in meter per minute ?
  8. Speed in meter/mint

So I would work out how many encoder incrments you get per metre of travel....this will be your scaling factor. You can do this manually using a trap- once you have this count write it down. Then you can capture your increments in second intervals- and apply the scaling factor to get your travel per minute.   Regards Daniel
  9. Speed in meter/mint

Circumference=2*pi*r =>   pi*d Speed(Meter/Mint)=  C*RPM; I just used the encoder only nothing else.
  10. Speed in meter/mint

Till now I use incremental  encoder from which I got the RPM of the machine, now  after that I am confused. The idea is very simple is that I just wanted to know that on how many meter per minutes my machine is covering the paper roll in shaft.
  11. Speed in meter/mint

Circumference of the shaft is not relevant to conveyor travel unless you work out the ratio between them- this is the value you need to calculate, either by Encoder Increments of another form of Conveyor Speed. What feedback devices have you got to work this out?    Regards   Daniel
  12. Speed in meter/mint

If I multiply the circumference of the shaft with RPM so is it fine or not ?
  13. Speed in meter/mint

can u further explain me by giving some sort of numerical base examples and  how I determine the scaling factor? 
  14. project allen bradley

Youtube is also another brilliant free-source of training documents for things like this.   Regards Daniel
  15. Speed in meter/mint

Hi Areeb. You can do this by 2 ways- use 2 static values such as a speed frequency or inverter speed and work out how many rotations it gives you per minute- then you can work out a scaling factor using conveyor travel. If you are using incremental encoder for example- work out number of increments per meter of conveyor travel (maybe use some trap software for this). Then you can measure number of increments per (increments over 10 seconds x6) /Scale Factor= Speed in Meters per min. You can modify the forumla or optimise depending on your system requirements.    Regards Daniel
  16. Deep Sea Electronics 8610 MkII generator controller user's manual might be useful for you to solve the problem.  
  17. Buy Kaspersky Anti-virus and internet security software. The features of this software include the removal of viruses, trojans, worms, real-time protection, detection, adware, keyloggers, spyware, malicious tools, and auto-dialers. Apart from these features, this software includes instantaneous automatic updates via the "Kaspersky Security Network" service. So, call on Kaspersky Help Number Uk and get the best solutions.
  18. Industrial router recommendations

Superb post Many thanks for discussing valuable content material. No doubt each one of these tips Kaspersky Support BullGuard Support Number
  19. Superb post Many thanks for discussing valuable content material. No doubt each one of these tips Kaspersky Help Number UK Kaspersky Support Number Kaspersky Help Desk Number
  20. Speed in meter/mint

Hi Everyone!  I wanted to determine the speed of my printing machine in meter per minute. The machine is very simple it consists of 2 roller one is unwinding the paper roll and 2nd is winding the paper roll and in between them printing process take place. I just wanted to determine how ma meter per minute machine is printing.   Thanks & Regards, M.Areeb
  21. Analog input Omron CPM2 with Syswin 3.4

Thanks guys  
  22. Yesterday
  23. You're welcome. I learned those tips the hard way. One of my first tasks here (over 8 years ago) was converting an old PanelView 1400 (a CRT HMI that was a predecessor to the Panelview Standard) to a PanelView Plus. It connected to a PLC-5 over DH+. It took me a while to figure it all out using just the manual we had for RSView 32 version 4 (which became FT View Studio at version 5, I think). Unfortunately, the glitches and gotchas I had to work around back then are still there at v8.2.
  24. Thanks for the added tips Joe.
  25. FX1S output failure

This is from Fx1S hardware manual for relay output type Response time  (approx.) OFF ➔ ON 10ms ON ➔ OFF 10ms
  26. Here's another tip. If you copy/paste a bunch of objects from one HMI project to another, and if the device shortcuts are named differently, you will have trouble. Also, if you change the name of the device shortcut in the communications setup, it will NOT change the name in your display objects! To remedy that, you can select all of the objects on a display screen by pushing ^A, then open the tag substitution dialog by pushing ^R. You can search for any text and replace it with any text: In this dialog, I can enter Ink_Detect in the "Search for:" field and enter Ink_Detect_D in the "Replace with:" field if I change my device shortcut name to Ink_Detect_D. This is also a handy dialog to use to see the tags and expressions that are used on that display. You can just scroll through the list looking for misspellings etc. There are other gotchas I learned the hard way. You can be doing everything perfectly correctly and it still won't work, until you reboot your PC. Then it "magically" starts working. If everything looks right, like, "...it should work, darn it!!!", try rebooting the PC. Especially, especially, especially if you're making changes to the device shortcut or communications settings. I've had countless annoyances working with these HMIs when I made a change to the communications and had to jump through otherwise pointless hoops to get it working again. I've even seen where I could run the project in test mode and it's fine but when I compile & download the runtime to the HMI, it doesn't work. Until I reboot the PC and re-compile the runtime file. Then it works, without changing anything else. As an example, I decided to test what I just outlined above by changing the device shortcut name to verify that it didn't change it in the object properties. Then I changed it right back and nothing would communicate in test mode. I shut down/restarted View Studio, same result: no comms to the PLC. Then I rebooted the virtual machine, opened View Studio, and tested it and it worked perfectly. If in doubt, and you think you have it right, first close and re-open View Studio. If that doesn't fix it, reboot your PC.
  27. Here are some screenshots of what I'm working on now: First, here's the Communications Setup dialog box: The device shortcut here is "Ink_Detect" and it points to the MicroLogix 1400 at 192.168.0.16 Next is the Connections tab of the properties of a multistate indicator that's tied to the address N7:70: Note the syntax with the colons and square/curly braces. Your device shortcut name is embedded in there. If you click the "..." button under "Tag", you'll get the tag browser: The project name is Ink_Detect_D, which is the top level of the browser window. Ink_Detect is the name of the device shortcut. This is not final and I'll end up changing the names once it's closer to being done and I know exactly which line it'll end up on. If your shortcut is configured correctly, and the PLC is ping-able at the IP address in the design (Local) tab of the shortcut, clicking "Refresh All Folders" will populate these folders. The address I need for the multistate indicator is inside the N7 file, expanded above. If you use the "..." button to open the tag browser, you can just double-click on the address you want and it will automatically add the punctuation and syntax it needs.
  28. FX1S output failure

If the led output light is not coming on when in pulse mode then something is inhibiting it in the program. I think you are wrong with the pulse timing, 3msecs wouldn't be enough time to energise the external relay.   You have to find out the correct procedure to run in pulsed mode  
  29. Load more activity