All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Today
  3. PL7 TSX Micro

yes Unitel01 Network Build is as follows 7 sections of a machine Section 1 and 4 have tsx premium all other sections are TSX Micro NETWORK they have a print out where the following is identified and i was able to open the offline settings on the hmi's to verify the config of the PLC"s on the Network plc 1 (1,1) plc 2(1,2) plc 3 (1,3) plc 4 (1,10) plc 5 (1,11) plc 6 (1,12) plc 7 (AB micrologix ) plc 8(ab compact logix) all PLC's have pcmcia to talk plc to plc plc 1 has a tsx p9y100  profibus master card in slot 6 talking out to other I/O bricks and blocks all magelis HMI'S are connected to an AUX or TER and Aux port depending on QTY. Where they have a multi cable running to terminal blocks All PLC Programs and Identical wording and by sections they sit on their respective words and interact with each other     Resolution: When connecting any Magelis HMI to the Aux or TER port the HMI will Consume (2) addresses from the starting point you configure in the HMI application. Using the Device Configuration settings the user is obliged to setup the base address [server] and no. consecutive addresses.     Yes so the HMI project the customer has are not the original, but from another machine similiar build , vintage, and manufacturer.   limited to number of images i can upload. each PLC  is setup like below on ch0 and ch 1 is the
  4. Omron NA5-NX1P2 - Password page

Ok, I think this is what I need but just to use on certain buttons now on the main operating screen. But just to make sure I got this right.. If I program a button with access Level 5, and someone tries to enable that button, it'll have a pop-up window to type in a Username and Password? Then only people with level 5 access can access that page?
  5. MX OPC Could not connect to server

During installation you didn't set start automatically when booting the PC. So it looks like the OPC server has't started. Have you started the server ? Basicallly your screencapture is already providing the correct steps   
  6. Etherway 3.3

Version 3.3

0 downloads

Omron Etherway 3.3, download from myOmron website.
  7. Etherway 3.3 View File Omron Etherway 3.3, download from myOmron website. Submitter sonicjw Submitted 04/18/24 Category Utilities
  8. Hello, could you guys please help me? I'm trying to use GX Works3 with MX OPC, but I'm currently unable to connect to the server. Do you have any advice?
  9. Yesterday
  10. Omron NA5-NX1P2 - Password page

Depending on the specific security requirement, (and if the password needs to be hashed out when entering), you could use a popup screen with a data entry. The entry has to match a variable value in the PLC to enable the ok button, which then takes them to the screen. That method is 'quick and dirty', and I primarily use it to protect screens/settings that the client can access, but they just want something there so people can't 'accidentally' go into the specific screen and start changing things. Pretty much just an elaborate "Are You Sure" before they can get to the screen  If your situation requires proper security, then Crossbow's suggestion is the best way.
  11. NX102-9000

4 position control axes... position control axes are basic motion axes, and do not support group motions.  The instruction set in the manual shows which instructions can be used on a single axis positioning axis.
  12. NX1P2 CPU Clock Speed?

Not sure what bearing that has on anything... the task cycle time for the PLC primary task is the important value, and it is user configurable in Task Settings in Sysmac Studio.
  13. Omron NA5-NX1P2 - Password page

The HMI already has a security system and if someone attempts to access a page that has security, it will prompt for a user name and password automatically. You need to set security for a page, and then create the users and assign them the proper security levels.
  14. Current User to PLC

Here's a possible solution: Create a list that correlates each of your PanelView users to a unique numeric value. For example: Default User = 0, Linda = 10, Bill = 20, Fred = 30, etc.   In ControlLogix create a tag called "Current_User" (or whatever works for you) of the data type DINT. In FTME Studio under Logic & Control, create a logout macro that writes 0 to the Current_User tag. Create login macros for each user that writes that user's numeric value to the Current_User tag. In Runtime Security, select users one at a time and assign the macros. Everyone would have their own login macro, but only one logout macro would be needed to show the default user. Then just write whatever code you want in the controller to react to the value / current PanelView user. If you're wanting to restrict line speed when Fred is logged in, then use some math and MOV instructions that uses Current_User value as a source, and set the max speed accordingly. Problems: If you have any amount of attrition you'll have to edit or create new macros, then create and download a new .MER file to the PanelView. Any edits to the PanelView users may also require editing of the Logix code. If you have attrition concerns or a large work force, you might want to create user groups and assign values and macros there instead of to individual users. FTME has Admin buttons that allow adding users and assigning them to groups at runtime so you don't have to download a new .MER. I'm not sure what your goals are but using this method, the controller itself won't really behave any differently because one person or another is logged in. I don't think there's any way you can use this to start auditing, restrict forcing, etc. If that's what you're wanting to achieve, you'll want to start using FT Security features in the Admin Console. And that is a whole other conversation. Hope this helps.
  15. iQ-R PLC Data Logging SD Card Specifications and Questions

Sandisk SDHC, industrial grade works perfectly. Kingstone is also ok, but always fast one and always industrial grade. I've made one time error and used slow SD card on HMI and never again.
  16. Hi, I have a screen developed for supervisor access only but I would like to have an area to type in a password, and when the password is typed in correctly I'd like it to open a certain page. I'm not experienced with interactive text boxes or keypads etc. Is someone able to help me out determine what I need to do? Thanks 
  17. Hi All, I need to start PLC Data Logging using an SD card in the CPU module for an iQ-R PLC.  I have not attempted this kind of logging before and I was wondering about any restrictions on the type of SD cards that can be used. The documentation I have found says "SD/SDHC memory card: 32Gb maximum". Does anyone know why can't I use a 64 GB SD card ? (maybe due to addressing limitations?) Also, when I look for SD cards, I see different speeds of data transfer such as 120 MB/s or 100 MB/s and I was wondering if there is any difference as far as the logging is concerned.  Does anyone know if there are any other restrictions, brands that don't work? Useful tips? Cheers    
  18. PL7 TSX Micro

Morning, This is not usual to have some many plcs, particulary small ones likes TSX37 and hmis connected together in Modbus. Are you sure by the way that it's Modbus and not Unitelway wich is the Telemecanique protocol usually used to connect Schneider Hmi to plc ? Anyway, Modbus or Unitelway it sound like "wires troubles". You have to check all the cables and connections first. Then you must verify that there's no conflict of adresses in the hmis and plcs. Some views of the configurations could be usefull to go further. You said you have changed an hmi but how, as it seems you don't have the version needed to open old projects ? JC
  19. PL7 TSX Micro

interesting. I did not even think of that.. Thanks Bud.
  20. PL7 TSX Micro

Sounds like a ground loop / isolation failure. (I have no experience with either those PLCs nor those HMIs, but that is where I would look.  With a scope, if necessary.)
  21. Last week
  22. I have a new customer running a Machine with 7 TSX Micro(s) and 6 magelin HMI(s) mostly over rs485.. Customer called with a down line they had a PLC failure and could not get the 485 network back up. i assisted them in troubleshooting and found some issues. We resolved this issue and was able to get most of the line powered , communicating again however they had no setpoints(fun fun). Along the way one of the Sections of this line (PLC 2-Modbus(1,2) and the 2 Hmi's connected to TER,AUX port began giving them issues. Issues are when both units are connetd 1 will Show ! on all the screens assigned to tags while the other will not. once you unplug 1 the other unit will operates as intended. Flip the units and the same thing. I have changed the PLC, Changed the HMI for each section and still have the same results. Note all PLC's are not new but do operate the code "seemingly" correctly. Any help is appreciated. PLC TSX Micro 37 Magelis advanced xbtgt4330 P.S Also looking for vijeo designer 4.6 or 5.0 as these projects were created in 4.6 and there is no direct convert to 6.x
  23. Communication Problem S7-1200

one thing i forgot to mention . siemens plc is reading the modules of fatek plc 
  24. Communication Problem S7-1200

Dear Experts,  i am facing a problem regarding plc to plc communication .  i have 2 plc that are communicating through industrial switch . one plc is s7-1200 and second is Fatek FBS-40ma with FBS-CBE ethernet bd card.   both plc are connected to an ethernet industrial switch. Siemens HMi is also connected to that industrial switch as well.    i have both plc programs back up. everything is running smooth but i want both plc as back up. so i bought both plc same model new one.   i have replaced the siemens plc with a new one and inserted program in it . everything works fine. but when i replace fatek plc with new one with program . siemens doesnot communicate with fatek.   any suggestion will be a life saving   
  25. Tia Portal Program Upload Error

thanks all for your help. it was a version issue 
  26. NX1P2 CPU Clock Speed?

I could probably find out for you - but why would you need this out of curiosity?
  27. Does anyone know what the clock speed of NX1P2 CPU is? I could not find this info anywhere. Cheers!
  28. Here.. DRAGSILL_LH_20171013_UPP.pdf
  29. Load more activity