All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Adding an analog output card

Thanks everybody. I hope to get started on this Monday. I'll keep you posted on how its going.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Unable to connect CS1G

Also, is my assumption that the error LED is solid because of program loss to the CPU?
  5. Unable to connect CS1G

Oh, the tech I talked to at Omron yesterday didn't mention turning switch 4 off, only turning switch 5 on, to use the 9-pin port instead of the peripheral port. I will try this. Also, do I use just the CN22-EU or do I need to use a second cable as well, like I did to upload from the NT630C? 
  6. Hi, please help to get concept telemecanique software 2.6. Thanks  
  7. Concept 2.6

Hi, Did you found the software download link. If yes please share because i also want the software.  Thanks  
  8. Unable to connect CS1G

Turn Pin 4 on  
  9. Constants in array

If concern is that someone may inadvertently modify value, dont use array. Create function that has index as parameter and returns value. Index could be an onteger, enumeration, string or whatever you like.
  10. TIA Portal V13- Alarm for Bool Data type

Please I have been having problems on how to program discrete alarms  on tia portal .  I know that the trigger tag data type can be Int or word etc but my output bit is in book etc Q0.0, I don't know how to create the trigger bit that will display if the boolean output Q0.0 changes state in the program, please I urgently needHELP in clear explanation/example. Thank you house
  11. Hello,  I want to compare pulsed coming from flow meter with a constant value. And make a bit to high level when my set pulses are equal to present value in counter. I am using 1734 Vhsc24 module for this. If any body have sample program kindly attach it. 
  12. Last week
  13. Unable to connect CS1G

Hello, I have an CS1G that I went online with a couple of weeks ago and uploaded the program. The other day the electrician killed power to the cabinet and it has been off for 2 days. I am no longer able to go online (RS232) with the CPU. Since the remote I/O module is no longer blinking I am fearing  that it poop'd its memory. I am trying to re-load the program however, it will no longer allow me to go online with the CPU to do so. I am assuming I might have to mess with the dip switches on the front, to put a new program in it?
  14. We have a fanuc robot with RJ3ib controller . can we write the program offline (without robotguide), (for ex: using a text editor, )and upload it onto the robot.  Program writing on teach pendent is taking lot of time..
  15. I have library from Mitsubishi which uses inside "EthernetComm"  Function block and inside this, it uses SP_SOCOPEN  and SP_SOCCLOSE functions Oh, I'll check the states of the SP_SOCxxx functions in their data structure they use...I have now a 12hours workday behind me...my family already called me.  I look into it at best on Sunday. Thanks so far for your help. FX5ModbusTCP_GW3_V100 Version 1.00 - Function block that offers Modbus TCP/IP Client functionality on a FX5-series  PLC system  with a built-in Ethernet port. Created in GX Works3 - 24 May 2016 Function block supports the following CPU-types: FX5-series.    
  16. GE VERSAMAX PLC SOFTWARE

The GE PLC product line has been acquired by Emerson. The software you need is called Proficy Machine Edition. The lowest priced version of it will be sufficient for the model PLC you have. You need to get in contact with a local distributor to arrange for a download from the support site.
  17. Clx to micro820 heartbeat

Thank you guys! I have searched and searched I don’t know how I haven’t seen the above thread. This should be simple enough . By the way Michael I have setup 13 remote sites and all working fantastic thanks to your help previously . I just wanna add some protection Incase something goes down at a pump station . 
  18. Adding an analog output card

Once the module is in the I/O tree, the corresponding controller tags will appear in the controller tags database. You're looking for "Ch*Data" for each channel of the module, where "*" is the channel number. The base tag name will be the name you gave the module when you added it to the FlexBus. In one of our systems, our Flex chassis is called "Laser_System", so channel 0 of the analog input module in slot 0 is Laser_System:0:I.Ch0Data. Yours will look a little different, but it will be in the controller tag for the module. Before wiring it, you will need to configure it. When you add it to the I/O tree, or later on by double-clicking or right-clicking and selecting "Properties", you can access the module configuration dialog. On one of the tabs (it looks a little different depending on which version of Studio 5000 you're using), you can set the channels to be +/-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA, or whatever format your particular module supports. On the -IE12 module that we use, the channels are configured in pairs, so channels 0-1 are set the same, channels 2-3, etc. Note also that Flex I/O does not support scaling inside the module configuration in Logix 5000 like other Analog I/O platforms. The channel data is in raw counts. Consult the user manual to figure out the scaling. You have to do the scaling to/from engineering units manually.
  19. Clx to micro820 heartbeat

We did something like this in the PLC's on the oil system I worked on. If the HMI didn't reset the heartbeat timer within 10 minutes we shut the station down. The HMI was in Houston and the PLC's were scattered from Corpus Christi to Laredo to San Antonio. The HMI (could just as easily be your master PLC) would send a bit every X seconds. The bit would move the current timer value to a register so we could see elapsed time, then reset the timer before it tripped the done bit. If it tripped the done bit then the station tripped on Comm Fail You basically toss a ball (bit) from one PLC (the Master) to the other PLC. If the other PLC catches the ball (bit) then it sends it back to the other PLC. Each bit transfer resets a timer. If the Master ever reaches the DN bit in the comm fail timer then comm has failed. I have no doubt that you'll work this out. PS - the link in the post above this has some great ideas explained in more detail than I've gone to.
  20. Clx to micro820 heartbeat

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=67523 The above thread may help you out. I would use a compare on the value read. If the number does not change for 10 minutes (timer), a communication error has occurred. Regards, Garry  
  21. GE VERSAMAX PLC SOFTWARE

Any one could help for downloading PLC software for the brand GE versamax with part number ic200udr140. Attached PLC image.
  22. Clx to micro820 heartbeat

I have remote sites with micro 820s and a controllogix at plant.. I need to set up a simple heartbeat or something to make sure communication is Okay. Currently I have been using the msg .DN and .ER to flag if something is wrong but they want a heart beat to write  a number , read a number and then compare if it’s not changing . I set up a timer and a counter for the heartbeat on the clx . Writing and reading from the 820.  but I’m having brain freeze on the logic to be able to compare to see if the number read is the same for more than let’s say 10 minutes . (Messages are being sent every 1 minute) 
  23. Morning, Thanks, I should be able to do the job with this tips.   JC
  24. Display a HEX value as floating

That's always worth mentioning. I believe this has got to be the most common issue that people have with Omron PLCs. Especially if they have come from AB or any IEC 61131-3 compliant system.
  25. It seem working when the object have property "Expression" not property "Variable". DataDisplay have a property "Expression" and working fine, but DataEdit have property "Variable" and not working. Example working for DataDisplay with DataType Text : NX_JXC_AXIS(HMI_AXIS_INDEX).Cfg.Name Example working for DataEdit with DataType Numeric : NX_JXC_AXIS(0).Cmd.Pos Example not working for DataEdit with DataType Numeric :NX_JXC_AXIS(HMI_AXIS_INDEX).Cmd.Pos
  26. REPLACEMENT UNIT?

Michael, I checked with the engineer and you are right, the output voltage is "clamped" at 2 and 7 volts. Your solution worked, thanks for the help!
  27. Constants in array

No, i think. There is a workaround: Define an array as VAR ==> CONST_LABEL1  (Uppercase indicates in programming a constant) Define each constant as single entity at position 2,3,... in the dialog of your picture ==> CONST_LABEL_1, CONST_LABEL_2 At startup move these constants to the var. Rule: Do never overwrite in your code anything which has all UPPERCASE.   
  28. Looking for FX5U Firmware revision history

Are you using the pre-defined protocol function or the FB ?  
  29. Load more activity