All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. rounding a value to nearest 10

3. Melsoft Series GX Develop Error

Which version of GX are you using ?
  4. rounding a value to nearest 10

What screen are you using? If it is only for display, the NS screens will round the value automatically to the number of digits shown. FYI... the NS screens will also scale for you.
  5. Mitsubishi PID controller design help

Dear all, I need help in design of PID controller in Mitsubishi PLC fx3u, I what should be parameters for initial, and how to start and stop auto tuning.
  6. Today
  7. Melsoft Series GX Develop Error

Good day everyone.  Somebody can help me to to resolve the issues in our PLC. I am not a PLC engineer, your help will be highly appreciated. It is showing - Failed to open the Project file.  Possible causes: 1.The data in the project file is completely damaged; 2.The data is created by new version more than this S/W; 3.The project file does not exist. Hopefully, somebody can help me or give instruction on how to check those possible causes.   Thank you.
  8. Hi Guys I have find one article that was very useful for me so I have share with you. https://theautomization.com/how-to-use-rockwell-knowledge-base-effectively/
  9. rounding a value to nearest 10

Hi I have flow meters and have them counting up to a value and stopping a pump.   it all works but the display on the hmi counts up in decimal places because of the scale factor of the flow meters. To scale them because of inacuracy I basically multiply what I want to count to by 1000 and i basically add for every pulse of the flow meters a value between 1500 and 500 to count to scale the flow meters then compair the two to stop the pump if the count is equal to or greater than the dialed in amount. Is there an easy way to round this value to the nearest bigest 10's value? I'm guessing convert to a floating point use the FIXL instruction? is there an easy way im missing as I could not seem to find a rounding instruction?    
  10. Cj2m-CPU31_ Allen bradley powerflex 525_Ethernet

Hi Gerry, I always try to keep same controller brand and VFD brand when it comes to motion. Siemens with Siemens, Bosch with Bosch, AB with AB, ...  If it is not possible, I setup a VFD with analog output signals on the  PLC side in order to do speed control and start/stop commands with Discrete outputs. If it is possible for you setup, I would use that for plan A - it is easier to troubleshoot on the hardware side (a maintenance tech can use a multimeter in order to troubleshoot than an ethernet connection).  If you need to control everything over ethernet IP (CIP) --- I know Omron PLC does ethernet/IP with EDS files as well  (see video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kza8Fthz7dY ) - only the tricky part is the correct data size and  setup of the CIP message ( I added a sample of a different brand--  how you setup parameters correctly --- http://www.controltechnology.com/Files/common-documents/application_notes/Communicating-between-2500-Series-and-PowerFlex525 ). Also, Omron tech support is quite supportive and if you ask they will help you setting this up or they might have sample code. They helped me out on a similar matter with an EDS file. Hope this helps
  11. Control duty of PWM with PID

@Mike_O You should use TPO Instructions for change word output from PID to PWM Output.
  12. Yesterday
  13. BEIJER E1101 TO MITSUBISHI GOT 2710

Contact your Mitsubishi dealer, they should have a converting software they use. You have to send them your E1000 project and you receive it converted to GOT format. Just be aware that you need to correct some things the converter can't handle. Good luck
  14. NS + barcode scanner and special characters

Did you get it? Thanks
  15. Hello,      I make a project where I should control temperature for thermoplastic extruder. I read for this type of process a two position controller is enough but I want to use a PID controller. I have values for P,I,D,Tf and I applied Z-transform and I have a numeric controller which is implemented through structured list.  I want to control heating element with this PID but my problem is I don't have an analogue output module just a digital output module(OD 212) and now my question is : How I can( if it is possible) to control duty of PWM with output from pid?  (I have a CJ2M processor)
  16. OMRON NT3S-ST124B-E NTXS V1.03 n V1.04

i need firmware for NT3S-S126B-E thank
  17. HMI global variable become invalid

Thanks. I had no idsea  how to help him. 
  18. hi any one can help me about the procedures and tools to convert beijer e1101 to mitsubishi GOT 2710?  
  19. Conversion MAC E1032 to GT2308 HMI panel

Can you suggest me 
  20. Hi Gambit

I need to convert my e1101  panel to GoT 2000 , can suggest or give proper tool for the same. I have gt desighner 3 and e designer too.

thank you ,

Sudhy

21. Servo motor with FX3U

Who has been able to sample the various products on this list and can be able to pick out the best one? https://bestsewingmachinereview.com/best-serger-sewing-machine/
  22. Last week
  23. I keep getting a 404 whenever I try downloading anything. Is anyone else having this problem? 
  24. Cannot Download some base Screen on Got 2000

Thank Mr. Gambit I also think that the program can be programmed with an older version I will Download all Program to GOT later but I don't know if There is any problem when Download all programs with different Version? and I suppose it will take a lot of time when editing the program and Download to GOT Thank you very much, Mr. Gambit
  25. Communication via MPI

Thanks Sigmadelta for your reply  1st your are right my network not ring "typing mistake" 2nd I solved this problem after download H/W & Netpro  I disable data transfer through MPI connection and after that every thing worked well
  26. LOGO! 8 TIA portal WinCC

Hi all experts, I am LOGO! 8 PLC programmer, and now I am beginning to start SCADA developement. I want to ask which software should I install ?, 1. TIA portal with Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional & WinCC Professional 15.1 x64 2. WinCC RT Professional 15.1 x64 3. STEP 7 Professional 14.0 4. SINAMICS Startdrive 14.0 5. WinCC RT Advanced v15 Please excuse me if my question is not OK as I am beginning scada developement I know nothing about it and I can get limited software through my college programme. I am confused too because I found that "Up from version 12 of WinCC the driver “LOGO” is available" and also "I think the Logo! communication driver is only available for a WinCC RT advanced , not professional."  in this post : unable-to-connect-tia-15-version-to-logo-8/185145 Please hep me so that I can learn SCADA developement with my LOGO8 Waiting for your fruitful reply, Thanks and Regards
  27. SLC 5/04 timer pre

Thank you for your reply.  I will look into using a counter set up or running 2 timers.  Seems like rslogix500 will take some getting used too. 
  28. HMI global variable become invalid

The guy contacted me. Can close this, I guess...
  29. Dear Jay Anthony, I am adding FTP address in HMI and linked with global variable from HMI to PLC. The At is invalid.
  30. Load more activity